Disney’s new movie ‘Strange World’ features their first-ever openly gay teenage character. And he’s black.

Daps
Didn’t know a single thing about this movie but saw it on Disney+ while chilling with my family.

The movie had a bedwench and a gay son in the 1st 15 minutes and I said “oh I KNOW there’s a Coli thread on this! Lemme look it up” :mjlol:
Popped up on my Disney+ too.

Movies with gay characters would do better if they used white men and white women.....they always use white guys to make Hollywood $$$$ but now can't seem to do that.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
It’s like that so it can be cut out for the Chinese release.
Never thought about this, but it makes sense. The gay things in the movie are so minuscule, that you wonder why they even had it in there. It’s literally at the very beginning of the movie, and about 3 minutes before the movie ends. It’s hardly referenced between that. The movie probably wouldn’t have bombed if it focused on the real theme of the movie (father/son bond through different generations).

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Never thought about this, but it makes sense. The gay things in the movie are so minuscule, that you wonder why they even had it in there. It’s literally at the very beginning of the movie, and about 3 minutes before the movie ends. It’s hardly referenced between that. The movie probably wouldn’t have bombed if it focused on the real theme of the movie (father/son bond through different generations).
I just don’t get why they have to force identity politics on kids like that. You can tell it’s not part of the original script and takes away form the storyWhich is what makes it so off putting? It’s corporate mandated. Which nobody likes. Even people who are fine with gay inclusion are like :comeon: on the inside as the movie just stops to give you it’s psa.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What is that feeling? i suddenly feel....empowered as a black man:blessed:

I predict by the end of 2023, black people on this forum will have been hit with so many haymakers,reality checks. Blaytant displays that show you simply would be a fool to raise black children in this country. That you will be falling to your knees and confessing that MAYBE,we need to consider leaving this country. And you dont care if nobody else leaves with you:respect: