DJ Akademiks Calls Out Jay-Z For Conning Gullible Black Ppl Into Supporting Him & Then Sellin 2 CACS

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I think the issue is that people angle this like it’s a win for black people and use it to further push their grifts

This only benefits jay z and should only be viewed like that
Just say you're a hater clown and keep it moving. Like @Nigerianwonder said you can say that about anything so stop trying to be a hater under faux black guises and just be honest.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You can say that about anything a black person accomplishes so whats the point you are trying make? This is a business deal not civil rights or a non profit. You can recognize and celebrate black achievements even if they don't impact you directly.

And all the artist owners got paid from the deal. Not.just jay. High 7 figures each from what was reported.

“black business” is nothing but marketing but there’s is something supporting local, small black businesses

Jay z is a rich guy who flipped investments. Supporting his black business is much to do about nothing

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All those people outraged, did they use tidal?
Your guess is good as mine. I’m just stating the obvious. SHOULD they be upset? No. He used a marketing scheme to push his product. But are they upset he used black ownership as a marketing strategy, they are. Does he care? He doesn’t. He has routinely showed that. Why people continue to fall for it and get upset. I don’t know.

but that is the reason

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Why are people upset by being lied to?

jay could have done the same thing minus the black power shyt right? Who exactly likes feeling conned?
Jay promoted tidal as if it benefited artists mlre than anything which was true royalty wise I believe. It was never pro blackity black. The introduction of tidalnhad daft punk, jack white, madonna and coldplay in the vid

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Jay promoted tidal as if it benefited artists mlre than anything which was true royalty wise I believe. It was never pro blackity black. The introduction of tidalnhad daft punk, jack white, madonna and coldplay in the vid
Y’all keep putting me in a position to argue a point I don’t agree with. Lol. Devils advocate

this jayz?? Bragging for 4 mins bout how he setting trends. Then goes into how he’ll never let THEM own OUR music. Then explains tidal is how you do this. Then proceeds to drop a freestyle further pushing ownership. Not taking checks. Not letting them be in control on our music. Him being the leader and essentially doing this for us. Turning down easy routes and google money. Blaming YouTube. Ownership ownership ownership......

Then sell to the white man for a check.

Those aren’t musicians in the crowd. That’s fans. He calling out nikkaS. Had to point out a white boy to say you my nikka too “tonight”. Yall know good and well how it was perceived and how he put it out there. Couldn’t he have pushed the product without that? Can’t all these companies push their product without pandering to BLM, like they did last year, while actually not doing shyt to help? Doesn’t jay typically rap about and push being a black man who owns shyt, then later sells it to white people? Usually for a job. Rocafella FAMILY to def jam ceo. Don’t buy Cris get ace.... to sell ace to a white man.

And to the other breh. I looked. Yea black people did follow his ass over there

And there is one demographic where Tidal is doing exceptionally well, according to data provided to Business Insider by SurveyMonkey Intelligence, SurveyMonkey's new third-party app insights platform.

In March, 2016, analysts found that 45% of US Tidal app users identified as black, compared to 16% on Spotify, and 20% on Pandora.

White US users did not have as much of a presence on the service, comprising only 18% of users, compared to 40% on both Spotify and Pandora.

pump and dump. You think square gonna cater to black people and artists the same? Is it black owned? People are pushing keeping dollars black. Yea I see why they’d be upset. I saw it coming a mile away