Do you think it will ever be ok to talk about Chris Benoit's career again?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Benoit wasn't no GOAT in the ring so I have no problem keeping him bushed. Zero charisma, and never had urge to run a Benoit match back for Benoit.

I mean he would have been a good trainer and coach in a place like NXT I guess, but he did what he did so fukk him.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
You can watch em but the shyt feels weird as hell. I went back to watch the best of 7 series with Booker T, but by match 3 I couldn’t get his end out of my head and just quit.

Yeah, I remember binging his ECW run and was like

tumblr_mqx1gu06Ui1qhjbxeo2_500.gifv

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Benoit wasn't no GOAT in the ring so I have no problem keeping him bushed. Zero charisma, and never had urge to run a Benoit match back for Benoit.

I mean he would have been a good trainer and coach in a place like NXT I guess, but he did what he did so fukk him.

With how reckless dude was moving in the Ruthless Aggression era, Benoit was Dynamite Kid bound, if he didn't went the p*ssy coward route:francis:. Either that, die in the ring, or be a manager of some sorts. I doubt dude would listen to reason in stopping this wrestling shyt in the ring because he was addicted to the sting of the mat.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
With how reckless dude was moving in the Ruthless Aggression era, Benoit was Dynamite Kid bound, if he didn't went the p*ssy coward route:francis:. Either that, die in the ring, or be a manager of some sorts. I doubt dude would listen to reason in stopping this wrestling shyt in the ring because he was addicted to the sting of the mat.
I am curious to know if he had any other hobbies outside of wrestling. I would bet on no. Every bit of mental and physical trauma he got was in some way through wrestling, so he coped by wrestling harder, and thus incurred more trauma. You right, there was no saving this man.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
I am curious to know if he had any other hobbies outside of wrestling. I would bet on no. Every bit of mental and physical trauma he got was in some way through wrestling, so he coped by wrestling harder, and thus incurred more trauma. You right, there was no saving this man.

Breh I was done with dude the moment I read that he used to whip himself if he fukked up a match. :why:...I get it, when you put your all into a passion you have to learn self discipline. Yet, how can you do such a thing to a business that will never love you back? Benoit is the prime example of the man with the one talent. He put every single thing into the squared circle only to get back CTE, lost souls, and a legacy erased because he could not seperate the business from the passion.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I never understand how his goofy ass ever became world champion..him or edge. He was a midcard WCW guy when I was heavy into wrestling & that’s how I always saw him. I was completely checked out by time him & eddy became HW champs

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
There's no point in talking about him publicly because you can't separate what he did in real life from what he did in the ring. I always felt like he would be okay if he had just killed himself, but him killing his family ensured that his legacy was nonexistent.

Then again, considering he was a piece of shyt in real life, even before what happened, I feel like personal details would have surfaced in the years after he died. Stuff like him kicking Miz out of the locker room for eating chicken near his bag, trying to get off to Paul London having sex in his hotel room while he watches in the closet, checking to see if guys are soaping themselves properly in the shower. All that would have been discovered because Benoit was a YouTube video waiting to happen.