Doc Recs on Jim Crow/ The War on Drugs/ Black Economics thru history, Injustice in Criminal Jusice?

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Trying to get some dude out of the sunken place. Need help. Would love stuff that directly tackles stuff alt right clowns like to parrot such as black on black crime stuff.

Docs on police and/or discrimination in the Criminal justice system as well.

YouTube videos or lectures would be great as well.

@JahFocus CS

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Just checked. Not yet. Anymore?

This man really lost out here. He a whole project.

I don't have specific videos on deck, but off top, stuff by Angela Davis, Michelle Alexander, and Khalil Gibran Muhammad would be great as it relates to the enduring politico-economic logic of slavery and hyperexploitation of Afrikan labor and bodies.

haven't watched this specific one yet but I presume it is pretty similar to a talk I saw him give in person:

also

when it comes to the development of penitentiaries, understandings of criminality, and how concepts of social rehabilitation were filtered through the logic of cac supremacy, Muhammad is really good at laying down the facts. but yeah, all three of these scholars are great on the topic. In order, you might introduce him to Muhammad's stuff, then Alexander's, and then Davis'

Last edited: