Does Kyrie deserve a Max?

KingTxo

Fragments Of A Memory
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Off talent alone yes. But in the long run its not worth the fukkkery and headaches he brings to teams.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
It's more about him randomly deciding not to play than his actual play. He deserves a max for his skillset, but you don't know if Kyrie is going to take a vacation in middle of the year.
No, he doesn't even deserve a max for his skilllset either.

He had a strong scoring bag but that's it. Not a good defender, not a good playmaker, can't get to the line, etc.

He's also inconsistent as a scorer.

He was available against the Celtics and had a great game 1... and sucked after that... same shyt he did in 2019 with the Celtics.

He's barely a number 2 option. Only with Bron. Without him he's a 3rd option at best.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’d give him the max. I’m sure there’s a handful of teams that would

lib123

All Star
Daps
Context matters. If the alternative is he walks and Nets have no cap space to sign another max player and KD probably demands a trade, then yes without question.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Its all about tolerance/output. If the nets are satisfied and think kyrie can still play ball at a high level which i think he can as well then they might not have any other options.

Daps
he is a max talent easily,..... but he does not make teammates better.

truly great players are usually great at two of scoring, defending, and facilitating. kyrie only scores. he competes on defense but he's too small to really have much effect. if he is on your roster you better have a playmaker to put next to him that can get other guys shots because kyrie is not out to do that and he shouldn't because that isn't who he is.

if im the nets i take the risk if i can get some kind of assurance he really wants to be all in. since you have ben and KD you may as well go for it especially if it makes KD happy.

if they don't want to, a team like the mavs should be willing to risk it. for whatever reason free agents never choose dallas although its a big market and great city. if they can get their hands on a talent like kyrie to put next to luka they should do it. its a good fit since luka is basically the PG and kyrie can focus on scoring like like when he was with lebron.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
yeah he does, the vaccine shyt is over he wont be in position to miss half a season again for a non-injury reason