Doggie Diamonds - "Afrobeats Is Annoying And Trying To Replace Hip Hop! Enough Already!"

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
If you were in metro NYC or other areas, you've heard dancehall acts get burn on Hip Hop stations over the decades.
Bun B mentions metro Houston fukking with reggae and dancehall heavy in his early career, so I'm sure the records got burn.
I'd have to believe that this has been the case in other metro areas over the decades.
Shabba, Supercat, Buju , Capleton, etc had hit records that played during Hip hop programming.
Shaggy, Maxi Priest, etc got burn during R&B programming

Nothing new about hits from other genres crossing over to hiphop/r&b radio
The reggae that was being pushed at that time(early 90s) was more hip-hop influenced and reflective of raps dominance. Shabba and acts like that could easily slide on rap tracks. Even Dre had the woman speaking patois at the beginning of Let Me Ride. Waaaay different from the reggaetone and dancehall wave a decade later in the early aughts. And certainly a world different from the Afrobeats wave now. That is so sonically distant from rap.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I never seen so many men upset at a musical genre thats PERFECT for beautiful women to dance to....I dont understand
Oversimplification. AfroBeats is just hard to rock to. If you can’t really get with the rhythm, it’s not going to matter how many beautiful women dance to it. You can find beautiful girls dancing at a HonkeyTonk bar in some yuppie neighborhood. Heck, beautiful women love trap as well. It’s all about the vibes and what you vibe with. Trying to incorporate Afrobeats with hip hop vibes can be a vibe killer. Heck, even some beautiful women don’t know what to do with Afrobeats rhythms.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Oversimplification. AfroBeats is just hard to rock to. If you can’t really get with the rhythm, it’s not going to matter how many beautiful women dance to it. You can find beautiful girls dancing at a HonkeyTonk bar in some yuppie neighborhood. Heck, beautiful women love trap as well. It’s all about the vibes and what you vibe with. Trying to incorporate Afrobeats with hip hop vibes can be a vibe killer. Heck, even some beautiful women don’t know what to do with Afrobeats rhythms.

I have not seen this in real life lol

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Afrobeats drum patterns are pretty much the same as dancehall, just way softer. Never seen anyone not able to catch such a simple ass rhythm
How many ppl know how to Dance to Dancehall? How many ppl vibe with Dancehall? OBVIOUSLY not counting Caribbean peoples.

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you start playing afrobeats in a spot. i'm going to leave.

But it being trendy enough to get spins on R&B/Hip hop stations might make some people feel like it's trying to bully it's way into a space that soca,dancehall,reggae simply never did.
Bu bu but the bytches like it…right breh :lupe:?

ReasonableMatic

Daps
I never seen so many men upset at a musical genre thats PERFECT for beautiful women to dance to....I dont understand
“I don’t like *insert artist* but the women like em I’ll let it rock”
“I fux with *inset artist*, the women dance to em”

**Afrobeats pulls up to the scene..**

“OMG, WHAT IS THIS?!?!”
“It’s taking space, tryna replace”
“Who even dances to this?!”
“How can ppl even dance to this?!”

I’ve never seen Black women NOT be able to dance to Afrobeats.
Only rhythmless nikkas mad at Afrobeats :mjlol:
It’s obvious what’s goin on.. :russ:
IMG-1583.jpg

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

“OMG, WHAT IS THIS?!?!”

IMG-1583.jpg

Facts when you have rhythm I love all the music from the diaspora. Tbh only thing hip hop has going for it is the production which is why it’s lacking. But it looks like the west may save it again.

The East got too many old nikkaz and not enough new nikkaz to create a new lane.

The South really is Future, Gunna and Carti potentially.

The west got potential after I seen DJ heds set.

The North other than R&B is cooked for hip hop. Tory Lanez is locked up and Drake well… we know how thats going.

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Wtf is this dude talking about?? Fela Kuti predates hip hop. He needs to get the fuk offline and stop embarrassing himself.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
afrobeats is the super safe door for euro/exotic folks to partake of unfamiliar culture

if you don't like it cover your ears because it will be the new commercial option for ethnic flavoring in your marketing campaigns

HA

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

“OMG, WHAT IS THIS?!?!”

IMG-1583.jpg
Some of you guys like AfroBeats more than the women do. Ppl will vibe to it, but after song number 3 in the medley, they want to get back to SexxyRedd. Sorry to say. Some of the ppl online complaining about AfroBeats are other black women. It's not the dusty TimbBooted negros you think it is. There's too many big name female rappers nowadays for Black women to be relegated to being a fiend for "sultrier" dance music. Look at how much RnB has changed vs where it used to be. This is the reality we live in. BW love Trap. It's a more non-gendered era of music. Brehs in here want to project their desire for sultriness on to women. If you like that genre, just like it. :manny:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Brehs in here talking about Hip-Hop being toxic and one track minded nowadays, as if that's not what women like. :dead:

AfroBeats is more pure, wholesome and refined.

Women who scream "I'm lookin for the hooooooooooooooes" aren't looking for wholesome or refined, nor are they looking for what you define as "beautiful" through your own gaze. They don't want a "Genre-Savior" so to speak. They just wanna twerk get lit and have a fun night.
They are perfectly fine with the state of Black music. And many of you are in denial, and are looknig for AfroBeats to be this "cleanser" of the race.
:dead:

AfroBeats has its place, but in most black spaces in America. It has a shelf-life. And that's ok. Many ppl don't get it.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
If you were in metro NYC or other areas, you've heard dancehall acts get burn on Hip Hop stations over the decades.

Bun B mentions metro Houston fukking with reggae and dancehall heavy in his early career, so I'm sure the records got burn.

I'd have to believe that this has been the case in other metro areas over the decades.
Shabba, Supercat, Buju , Capleton, etc had hit records that played during Hip hop programming.
Shaggy, Maxi Priest, etc got burn during R&B programming

Nothing new about hits from other genres crossing over to hiphop/r&b radio

Mind you, other metro areas do not have sizeable carribbean black populations....so your mainstream radio stations trends aren't indicative of the rest of the country.

Any major city with a decent black population has had carribean music spots.... but this afrobeats shyt is not native, and just slid in the door like it's something Black Americans made hot. So i get why people aint rocking with how it's on the radio.

I don't wanna hear that musty ass shyt tho.