Dolphins are the worst ran team in the NFL

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
I wanted to ask @SoulController about this.

I saw the draft ticker and when I looked up OT Patrick Paul, he didn't rank inside the Top 10 at the position on most draft boards.
So, did every analyst get Patrick Paul wrong and Miami is just smarter than everyone else? Or did Miami botch this big time?
I wouldn't necessarily say "botched" because he does have interesting tools to work with, but he's the literal definition of a project. The sentiment shared by most is that Miami is trying to win now, Patrick Paul doesn't help in that regard. My issue is we don't need more tackles, we need more iOL especially after losing RG Robert Hunt in free agency. They seem to be betting on the continuation of the OL coach who did wonders with RT Austin Jackson and some of the backups. I'm not a fan of our projected OL as it stands right now

LT Terron Armstead -aging plus can't stay healthy
LG Isaiah Wynn - got coached up and was OK at best...maybe draft some competition?
C Aaron Brewer -signed in free agency but breh is tiny at 6'1.
RG ? - the plan cannot be to roll with the backup Jones...draft/free agency?
RT Austin Jackson - solid

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
The thing is no one they picked at 21 was guaranteed to start besides an OL. That will be the pick today unless a player they really like falls to 55. I'm guessing either C Zach Frazier, C Jackson Powers-Johnson, OG Christian Haynes, or maybe WR if they are available. They were rumored to have wanted to trade into the 1st so I'd watch for that too.

Chop is a rotational guy but you also have to take into account the new DC helped coach a Ravens defense that rotated their DL the most in the league last year. That's why all of those interior DL were signed in free agency. Chubb/Phillips when healthy, Seiler, and Wilkins all took over 77% of snaps last year. The Ravens top DL Madubuike played in all 19 games but only took 66% of snaps and the most productive guy after that, Clowney, played in all 19 games and only took 58% of snaps for comparison.

Holes at CB? We replaced X with Kendall Fuller in free agency and still have Kohou, Needham, and Cam Smith on the roster. Maybe a slot to compete with Kohou but we're set there imo. Help is for sure needed at FS.
Fuller is a 1-2 year stopgap, altho i do like him as a player and thought that was a solid pickup

thats the thing with Grier, you never really know transaction to transaction what hes gonna do. lots of hits and lots of misses. they took the big OT in the 2nd, looks like a high ceiling kid but needs a year or two.

they still need to look at camp cuts for a vet CB and SS

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Nope the Brown's, Falcons, Minnesota, Panthers got them best by a long shot :mjlol:

Dolphins have been much, much better since i made this thread. a frustrating team that can't get over the hump, but not a bottom franchise. CAR is easily that rn, didnt think they let Reich do his thing that was a solid hire

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
I wanted to ask @SoulController about this.

I saw the draft ticker and when I looked up OT Patrick Paul, he didn't rank inside the Top 10 at the position on most draft boards.
So, did every analyst get Patrick Paul wrong and Miami is just smarter than everyone else? Or did Miami botch this big time?

it seems like they were very high and him and reached a good 30-50 slots. he seems like a high ceiling RT who had very good pass pro stats, but he had more of a 3-4th round grade. PFF graded him the highest in pass pro with a 91.5 grade

im fine with that pick, but still very cold on the Chop pick. there was too many needs for a developmental guy imo

Last edited:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Browns have made two true mistake the last 6 years I don’t think we belong on this list
Yes they do. Even after getting decent players, they don't do anything. By far the Browns and Lions have been the worst organization in football overall. Lions flipped the script. Browns are just decent. That's disappointing since they have a lot of star players now.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Yes they do. Even after getting decent players, they don't do anything. By far the Browns and Lions have been the worst organization in football overall. Lions flipped the script. Browns are just decent. That's disappointing since they have a lot of star players now.
When you have a season like we did and still make the playoff that shows you we are run much better. Name the teams that lost their starting QB, RB, LT RT and RG and still made the playoffs. Also our DPOY played with 1 arm the last four games of the season.

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
When you have a season like we did and still make the playoff that shows you we are run much better. Name the teams that lost their starting QB, RB, LT RT and RG and still made the playoffs. Also our DPOY played with 1 arm the last four games of the season.
I did say decent. The Browns don't scare anyone as contenders. Make it to the chip game like the Lions and consistent get better and then they will be off the list.