Dr Dre had Help from Eazy E MUSIC/PRODUCING-wise w/ A LOT of NWA Material?!?!?!

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
Never heard this before, but if it is true.....it explains how NWA was able to leap in sound so drastically. Because Eazy was FEEDING DRE demos, w/ this other side of music knowledge.

I had no fukking clue that Eazy E was a producer... this shyt is blowing my mind :ohhh:

But what Eazy said makes sense, they wanted Dre to look like the Sven Gali of NWA. Eazy/Ren did Approach to DANGER?? Find um fukk & Flee She swallowed it, Eazy the music demo producing-recording loc- wearing goat.... :leostare:

Now that we know Eazy E's style for music, we can get a idea of when the SWITCH happened. :jawalrus:
Dre never said Eazy did music, I wonder if SNOOP knew that. Things are making morreeee sense how why Eazy was so "essential" to N.W.A. I have to be honest, like a lot of people I just assumed Eazy didn't do anything music related, just business. But if he was a songwriter, that's pretty important to mention that considering most songs are just credited w/ Ren/Cube/DOC/Dre. What exactly did Eazy do on the Ruthless material? Ren needs to tell that history.

This part of the interview is fascinating that I discovered. Probably you Eazy-ologists already know this. But trust me, for the rest of the Hip hop world, we had no fukking clue Eazy E was also a music producer/beatmaker. Holy shyt, now I want to hear his tracks so we can see a glimpse of this. :gladbron: Now it is time to find Eazy songs that aren't credited. He masked his musical side to head the company, Eazy...the machiavellian goat. :lupe:

Well well.........this would fukk up a serious narrative of the NWA mystique. Now I'm curious what Ren knows... Wonder if the film director wants to cover that in the DVD extras? :ooh:

Read for yourself, previously unpublished interview from 1995: :myman:

Unpublished(?) interview of Eazy-E - Future Producers forums

azy-E:
Those may hate you, but when you hate them…you destroy yourself [he coughs for a while. After a moment, he puts a tape in the deck]. This is some of the producing that I've been doing. I was thinking this would be a good track for me and Ren.

RP:
You did this track? I didn't know you produced.

Eazy-E:
I did a lot of songs on N.W.A. All that old @#%$. I didn't want the credit because I'm the company, I'm an artist myself, I had a solo album before N.W.A. was out, and I'm in the group (coughs). I didn't want the credit because everyone has egos. I'm getting paid for being in a group and (for) owning the company and being a solo artist. Here's what Dre did. Say me and Ren would come up with a whole idea for a song. Dre was good at putting it together. So we might have an idea for a song, lay it down at home on a little four track or 12 track, and (then) Dre would put it together, him and DJ Yella.

RP:
Which N.W.A. tracks are you talking about in particular?

Eazy-E:
"Findum, ****em and Flee," "She Swallowed It"…me and Ren did a lot of stuff. "Approach to Danger"… a lot of them. I can't remember all of them. A lot of stuff, you could tell if you knew Dre [and] his style. He was in N.W.A., but Dre came from the Wrecking Crew, but I got him to do this other type of music I wanted to do, the gangsta @#%$, and I got Dre away from what he was doing. Ice Cube was from C.I.A. and the Stereo Crew, and if you knew their style, they were like the Beastie Boys. I put' em together, and we formed N.W.A., and they changed their style. And they started hollering Compton because that's where we were from: me, Ren, and Yella.

RP:
You want me to put this in here?

Eazy-E:
Yeah. Whether I had some fake people with me or not. But when Ice Cube split, he never hollered Compton no more. He started hollering "How to survive in South Central." You haven't heard him holler Compton no more. If you look back in the people's pasts and check their style, you'll where they really came from. Go back to their past and see what they were doing in the beginning. Dre, if you listen to his style of music from N.W.A. to now, it's totally different. Dre stole that style [G-funk] from Cold 187um, Rhythm D and a couple of other people he stole from. Dre stole stuff from that, Above The Law's, Black Mafia Life's "Never Missing a Beat." [He coughs twice, then three times] They're good songs.

ahdsend

Superstar
Daps
:manny:

sm3s3p.jpg

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I bet during that interview the interviewer never took into consideration what was going on with those coughs. In hindsight... :wow: