Dr. Sinclair Grey III: Black Americans Rush to Reconcile With Bigots, Other Races Demolish Them

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
Dr. Sinclair Grey III: Black Americans Rush to Reconcile With Bigots, Other Races Demolish Them

http://yourblackworld.net/2015/03/2...oncile-with-bigots-other-races-demolish-them/

A Death-Blow To The N-Word
by Dr. Sinclair Grey III

Doesn’t it bother you that ever so often we hear someone of a different ethnic group use the ‘N-word’ and apologize for their actions after getting caught? I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. To repetitive apologies for getting caught and saying ‘I’m not racist – I wasn’t brought up that way,’ I have to utter the words, ‘SHUT UP.’ Why? Because it’s a lie that has been perpetrated for so long, and as long as people within the African-American community keep accepting this nonsense, we will find ourselves continuing discussions on race and racism.

Maybe we need to take a page out of other cultures’ books who refuse to be degraded. When a culture understands their value and worth, they will not tolerate abuse of any kind. In addition to this, whenever a culture is able to come together to collectively vote for their interests, own businesses within their community, establish schools and systems that remind them of their history, they tell the world unashamedly and unapologetically that this is who they are. When this happens, people begin to listen.

Let’s pause for a moment and ask why we don’t hear people speak negatively about other cultures. The answer is two-fold. On one side, people are taught how disrespectful it is and how everyone should embrace cultural diversity. Now on the other side, they understand full-well that there will be repercussions (e.g. professionally and financially). Offenders can apologize all they want, but in the end, they know it would be a ‘death-blow’ to their career.

Within the African-American community, we sit back and accept apology after apology. Perpetrators and spectators get some air time to show people standing and holding hands saying ‘We need to talk about race and racism.’ Once again, I have to say ‘Please give me a break’ because without power and any influence, people (e.g. the media, politicians, entertainment executives, and others who sign checks) will continue to label us, mistreat us, and define us.

Even though I don’t prescribe to have all of the answers, I would like to offer a few suggestions that we, as African-Americans, can follow:

1. Refuse to use the ‘N-word.’ For those in the entertainment industry, we must call out those companies and/or individuals who encourage people to do so. The power of social media can be used for our benefit;
  1. Stop supporting advertisers who contribute financially to the downgrading of the African-American culture and community;
  1. Say ‘No’ to selling out the African-American community. No longer can we allow the need for money, fame, and/or recognition cloud our moral judgement in doing what’s right;
  1. Register to vote and vote on issues that are relevant to our community. Party loyalty has to be thrown out. It’s time for our issues to be addressed;
  1. Establish our own businesses. Through owning our businesses, we fulfill the need of those we serve. In addition to this, we must support one another financially so that we can expand our reach not only locally and nationally, but globally.
The future of the African-American community begins with us taking a stand and refusing to back down. Let’s face it: There will be some people who will refuse to embrace the importance of their culture and how they are being portrayed and even played. However, for those who are serious about their culture and creating a legacy that extends beyond family, a change will occur.

As African-Americans, we have to create such a fear in other groups that the thought of even using the ‘N-word’ will frighten them. That’s not being violent, it’s being real.

Dr. Sinclair Grey III is an activist, speaker, writer, author, life coach, and host of The Sinclair Grey Show heard on Mondays at 2pm on WAEC Love 860am (iHeart Radio and Tune In). Contact him at drgrey@sinclairgrey.org or on Twitter @drsinclairgrey

aaaaaaa

Banned
Daps
He's focused a little too much on the N-word. That battle is lost.

They can call us ****** all they want as long as we got a strong community and sense of self it'll be like throwing stones at a tank.

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

http://yourblackworld.net/2015/03/2...oncile-with-bigots-other-races-demolish-them/

A Death-Blow To The N-Word
by Dr. Sinclair Grey III

Doesn’t it bother you that ever so often we hear someone of a different ethnic group use the ‘N-word’ and apologize for their actions after getting caught? I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. To repetitive apologies for getting caught and saying ‘I’m not racist – I wasn’t brought up that way,’ I have to utter the words, ‘SHUT UP.’ Why? Because it’s a lie that has been perpetrated for so long, and as long as people within the African-American community keep accepting this nonsense, we will find ourselves continuing discussions on race and racism.

Maybe we need to take a page out of other cultures’ books who refuse to be degraded. When a culture understands their value and worth, they will not tolerate abuse of any kind. In addition to this, whenever a culture is able to come together to collectively vote for their interests, own businesses within their community, establish schools and systems that remind them of their history, they tell the world unashamedly and unapologetically that this is who they are. When this happens, people begin to listen.

Let’s pause for a moment and ask why we don’t hear people speak negatively about other cultures. The answer is two-fold. On one side, people are taught how disrespectful it is and how everyone should embrace cultural diversity. Now on the other side, they understand full-well that there will be repercussions (e.g. professionally and financially). Offenders can apologize all they want, but in the end, they know it would be a ‘death-blow’ to their career.

Within the African-American community, we sit back and accept apology after apology. Perpetrators and spectators get some air time to show people standing and holding hands saying ‘We need to talk about race and racism.’ Once again, I have to say ‘Please give me a break’ because without power and any influence, people (e.g. the media, politicians, entertainment executives, and others who sign checks) will continue to label us, mistreat us, and define us.

Even though I don’t prescribe to have all of the answers, I would like to offer a few suggestions that we, as African-Americans, can follow:

1. Refuse to use the ‘N-word.’ For those in the entertainment industry, we must call out those companies and/or individuals who encourage people to do so. The power of social media can be used for our benefit;
  1. Stop supporting advertisers who contribute financially to the downgrading of the African-American culture and community;
  1. Say ‘No’ to selling out the African-American community. No longer can we allow the need for money, fame, and/or recognition cloud our moral judgement in doing what’s right;
  1. Register to vote and vote on issues that are relevant to our community. Party loyalty has to be thrown out. It’s time for our issues to be addressed;
  1. Establish our own businesses. Through owning our businesses, we fulfill the need of those we serve. In addition to this, we must support one another financially so that we can expand our reach not only locally and nationally, but globally.
The future of the African-American community begins with us taking a stand and refusing to back down. Let’s face it: There will be some people who will refuse to embrace the importance of their culture and how they are being portrayed and even played. However, for those who are serious about their culture and creating a legacy that extends beyond family, a change will occur.

As African-Americans, we have to create such a fear in other groups that the thought of even using the ‘N-word’ will frighten them. That’s not being violent, it’s being real.

Dr. Sinclair Grey III is an activist, speaker, writer, author, life coach, and host of The Sinclair Grey Show heard on Mondays at 2pm on WAEC Love 860am (iHeart Radio and Tune In). Contact him at drgrey@sinclairgrey.org or on Twitter @drsinclairgrey

I'm still trying to figure out why Mo'Ne Davis apologized to the one cac for calling her a slut on a live twitter feed for the world to see and why we have c00ns apologizing to the SAE....These new age bougies are out they minds......

_Anghellic_

Tia Mowry Bandwagon
Daps
Reppin
The Dirty South
He's focused a little too much on the N-word. That battle is lost.

They can call us ****** all they want as long as we got a strong community and sense of self it'll be like throwing stones at a tank.
I think he was just using that word as a metaphor that the word "nikka" is like the invisible thread that ties us to other "Miniorites." With our too inclusive mentality.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:salute:I see you OP.
iLnacxY.jpg

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dr. sinclair grey iii :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: speak about black empowerment and emulate pretentious rich cac names brehs:francis:
blame blacks for structural racism and call that empowerment brehs :camby:

after reading this, i want to see a receipt for that phd.