Durant is the only player that I see consistently hit jumpers...

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
without his feet being squared up.

^^@ the 1:28 mark his feet are squared up to the opposite sideline

I don't even know if it's on purpose, but I see him shooting from a postion where his left foot is behind his right foot quite a bit. Especially on stepbacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Ray Allen hits those type of shots too but he is MUCH more consistent with his form than anybody so he rarely takes them in comparison. But watch Ray when he is off balance, he still ends up squaring his body up perfectly even when his footwork isn't perfect.

Edit: just reread your post but didn't click the video. His left foot should be behind his right, no?

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Ray Allen hits those type of shots too but he is MUCH more consistent with his form than anybody so he rarely takes them in comparison. But watch Ray when he is off balance, he still ends up squaring his body up perfectly even when his footwork isn't perfect.

Edit: just reread your post but didn't click the video. His left foot should be behind his right, no?

If you're shooting from the top of the key your feet ideally should be perfectly parallel to each other, the same theory applies to the step back. You dribble and plant your right foot(if right handed) and bring your left foot back square with the right. Durant does this thing where his left foot is WAY behind his right foot sometimes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7F-mnB-m7w"]Kevin Durant DOMINATES The Melo League!!! Puts On A Show In Front Of Packed House! - YouTube[/ame]

^^^^For example 43 sec mark

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
mind= blown :ohhh:

Because I do the same thing (and I'm a pretty good shooter)...Have I been shooting wrong my entire life too and I've never noticed? :leon:

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
mind= blown :ohhh:

Because I do the same thing (and I'm a pretty good shooter)...Have I been shooting wrong my entire life too and I've never noticed? :leon:

I was a shooter too and every one of my coaches preached having your feet square. I think you can teach yourself a particular way to shoot and be good, but squaring your feet high realease and elbow facing the target is "fundamentally sound".

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
As long as you're consistent...

Bird, Miller, Dirk all have pretty awkward forms but they are/were very consistent every single time with their jumpers. Durant's talent and work ethic allow him to do that as well.

Not to mention that his height allows him to release a shot over pretty much any defender without being too bothered.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
i don't know what you trynna say

that's a very common way for nikkas to shoot the ball :manny:

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you're shooting from the top of the key your feet ideally should be perfectly parallel to each other, the same theory applies to the step back. You dribble and plant your right foot(if right handed) and bring your left foot back square with the right. Durant does this thing where his left foot is WAY behind his right foot sometimes.

Kevin Durant DOMINATES The Melo League!!! Puts On A Show In Front Of Packed House! - YouTube

^^^^For example 43 sec mark

i was at that game
b jennings was killin