EA’s buys newest victim: Codemasters

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, condolences to all the people at Ghost Games that are about to get clapped. I don't see many ways where this doesn't end with Codemasters making a game that has the NFS name thrown on it, and getting other studios bushed it reassigned in the process. :francis:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
fukk EA games lol they will turn Dirt into Burnout Paradise version of rally :mjlol: with some very cheap need for speed extra storyline :dead:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Where are we going daddy EA:gladbron:

You'll see soon Codemasters:jawalrus:

:wow:

b98.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
When I was young this guy across the street from me was a graphic designer for codemasters

I was hyped he invited me over to look at his stuff thought I was about to see some exclusive shyt then realised he just drew the cones in the rally games :russ:

He showed me some cool shyt that he worked on himself though

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
I was really starting to get into F1 this year too because of how fun the game is. This is horrible news :mjcry:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Codemasters is a really small company. This is a huge W for them as an organization to have such an influx of cash through. On the other hand, we know how EA gets down. They write the checks but everything else is a shytshow.

I can't help but think Codies' will be consolidating GRID and DIRT into one big open world multi-platform Forza Horizon type game. There's huge potential there, and of course a lot of ways you can continue to charge people for content for years.

Wonder how this will affect the F1 games. 2021 is probably too far into development right now but 2022 will have all the first EA changes. I could see them using Frostbite for cinematics and shyt.

Open world Need for Speed built by Codies that basically combines DIRT/GRID gameplay, with car packs using tie ins from the F1 games and the other EA published games. You could milk that for years

2023: Breaking News, Code Breaker is now being absorbed by EA Harlem :dame: and EA Rancho Cucamonga

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
EA always been a monopolizong piece of shyt since the days of Madden/NFL2K5