Daps
Eddie Murphy Confirmed To Return For "Coming To America 2"
By Aron A.
Jan 11, 2019 18:43
2.6K Views
1547249787_c5f8d022333cfa9af4981abc02db02e9.jpg

Kevin Winter/Getty Images

Eddie Murphy is set to return to his role as "Prince Akeem."

Sequels are often a miss rather than they are a hit, especially when it's a sequel to an older film. People have been excited for Coming To America 2 since it was announced, but fans were weary whether Eddie Murphy would return for the leading role. Thankfully, Paramount has confirmed this is the case, and on top of that, they're bringing back the film's original director for the sequel.

Giulio Marcocchi /Getty Images
According to Deadline, Coming To America 2will find Eddie Murphy returning to his role as Prince Akeem. The comedian will be teaming up with Craig Brewer for the film who he recently worked alongside for Netflix's Dolemite Is My Name. Murphy was already excited to work with Brewer again.

“After many years of anticipation, I’m thrilled that Coming to America 2 is officially moving forward,” Murphy said in a statement. “We’ve assembled a great team that will be led by Craig Brewer, who just did an amazing job on Dolemite, and I’m looking forward to bringing all these classic and beloved characters back to the big screen.”

Black-Ish's Kenya Barris is currently re-writing a script by the original writers of Coming To America, Barry Blaustein and David Sheffield.

There isn't a start date for production yet, but they're hoping to start this year.

Coming To America 2 will follow the story of Prince Akeem's return to America after discovering that he has a long lost son.

HotNewHipHop: Eddie Murphy Confirmed To Return For "Coming To America 2".
Eddie Murphy Confirmed To Return For "Coming To America 2"

True Darkseid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
SWATS, GA
One of my favorite movies, but how tf he got a long lost son? Only other people who would logically have gotten pregnant are the bathers.