Effects Of Spanking Kids: Detrimental to Mental Health

adidas

Rookie
Daps
Where do u draw the line

When is even a spanking the best option
If there are bruises or bleeding then you have crossed the line.
If you do it out of anger you have crossed the line.
Spanking is the best option when you have told a child multiple times not to do something and they do it anyway.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
My moms beat me and I didn't turn out fine. I turned out with suppressed anger issues. Disdain towards authority because of discipline trauma... but no criminal record. Just a proclivity to not get caught for things other upstanding citizens would. So beatings, whoopings and spankings just taught me how to avoid getting caught for doing fukked up things. I guess that's a good lesson in retrospect...but I don't feel compelled to continue that cycle with my children. Just gonna outsmart them, not beat them till they bleed and resent me. And i still love my moms. My pops just waited to discipline me until I was old enough to take a punch to the chest.
this describes me in a nutshell, suppressed anger waiting to unleash it on the next sucker that tries me :birdman:

i'm a calm person but honestly i'm waiting for the day someone just drives to edge and so i can release all those 13+ years of pent up anger on they asses. :demonic:

god so help that one individual:demonic:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
I just feel like spanking and/or hitting your kid is just a way to take the easy way out of parenting a situation. :manny:

I say this as a person who was never touched as a child and have 2 little boys who will never be touched.