Elon Musk wants a free speech utopia. Technologists clap back.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not in here advocating for absolitist free speech but if these platforms in their current states don't allow for hate speech, and people like Elon are advocating to change that, how is it that white men have been and are continuing to be radicalized on these same privately owned platforms right now?

They did a terrible job. Hopefully they are sincere about their efforts to root out hate speech that can radicalize people. I don't understand your point. Because they can't root out 100% of hate speech, they shouldn't root out any at all?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
They did a terrible job. Hopefully they are sincere about their efforts to root out hate speech that can radicalize people. I don't understand your point. Because they can't root out 100% of hate speech, they shouldn't root out any at all?

I'd argue that they're doing the best job they can given the fact that the people who are most effective at spreading hateful messages have learned to tailor their content to stay within the bounds of the platform's TOS while simultaneously using these platforms to funnel people to private spaces where the real action happens.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
it's almost as if a newspaper website is different from a social media site.:ohhh:

Twitter is more of a news distributor than a social media site at this point. Being able to push a button and make any piece of news you want go viral on a website as big as Twitter is probably the play here. :yeshrug:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
I’d rather keep everything free speech. Don’t you guys remember from like 2005 to 2012 when all the racist were relegated to storm front? That shyt used to have 50k members!

Pushing them all into one corner is what created the 2014 to 2017 Alt right.

All ideas, shytty and not shytty need to be debated openly or else we’ll just keep repeating the same bullshyt until we’re all in FEMA camps.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Autopilot workers at the Buffalo Gigafactory 2 facility went public with a campaign to form a union on Feb. 14. But by the next day, the workers found that their account had been shadowbanned—meaning it doesn’t appear in Twitter’s search function if you type out either the account’s handle or display name. Elon Musk serves as the CEO at both Tesla and Twitter, and he is named in the NLRB charge.

just tested it.. he really shadow banned them.

9vLw37Ol.jpg

vctRT4xl.png