Embiid is this era's CP3/David Robinson hybrid until further notice...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Last year vs Atlanta, a G7 at home, a 4-point lead with 7:16 left turned into a 7-point loss with Embiid playing the entire quarter, meaning he was a -11 in the last ~7 minutes. He took 5 shots (missed 3) which shows a degree of urgency but you cannot be -11, in a G7 at home, as the #1 seed in a series you were heavily favored in, in the closing minutes of an elimination game...

Where were the winning basketball plays otherwise because he doesn't have a takeover scoring mode. Where was the defensive presence from a widely lauded great interior defender? Where were the hustle plays and smart shot taking?

Like I said bro, I like him. Bit he's kinda just "there" at the end of these games, nobody thinks "uh-oh it's money time, Embiid finna wreck shyt"...
Juelzing here

2021 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals - Hawks vs. 76ers | Basketball-Reference.com

He put up 30 and 12.7 for the series
In the close out game 31 and 11

Asked you a few questions and you went out if your way to avoid answering them

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Juelzing here

2021 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals - Hawks vs. 76ers | Basketball-Reference.com

He put up 30 and 12.7 for the series
In the close out game 31 and 11

Asked you a few questions and you went out if your way to avoid answering them

I just told you he was 2-5 in the last 7:16 with his last make coming in the final seconds. It's fine that you view it thru a different prism bro...

I don't want my MVP-caliber player to be a -11 in the final 7 minutes of an elimination game...

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just told you he was 2-5 in the last 7:16 with his last make coming in the final seconds. It's fine that you view it thru a different prism bro...

I don't want my MVP-caliber player to be a -11 in the final 7 minutes of an elimination game...
Biid was playing through torn ligaments in his thumb and a fractured orbital. Most players aren't playing through those so to use his performance against him is disingenuous, he clearly wasn't close to 100%

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

2021 NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals Game 7: Hawks vs 76ers, June 20, 2021 | Basketball-Reference.com

5 for 9 in 4th quarter, including 1 for 3 from 3 pt line

Didn't watch that game or the series. The eye test usually reveals the impact the player has on the game.

Don't fully understand (or care to) the advanced stats used in basketball to be honest.

Respect your opinion, just don't think the facts support it.

Embiid seems to have played well in the last two series he was healthy in, including the two closeout games against the Hawks.