Erick Sermon on The Breakfast Club (Hour interview)

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Its always sad to hear how most of those artists from then got jerked royally....and it shows how bad off and broke ppl had to be to think that $750 was a lot of money to sign a contract for anything

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Its always sad to hear how most of those artists from then got jerked royally....and it shows how bad off and broke ppl had to be to think that $750 was a lot of money to sign a contract for anything
in 87 that was alot of money and the goal was to get on at all costs :wow:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You obviously never heard the song "Please Listen To My Demo"

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Damn, I was thinking EPMD would have been the first multi millionaires in rap, along with Ice-t, but I'm seeing they weren't

So, it makes me ask, was Ice-t hip hop's first multi millionaire? He kept his publishing, and didn't have to pay for them samples, then went into acting. I wonder

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Damn, I was thinking EPMD would have been the first multi millionaires in rap, along with Ice-t, but I'm seeing they weren't

So, it makes me ask, was Ice-t hip hop's first multi millionaire? He kept his publishing, and didn't have to pay for them samples, then went into acting. I wonder
LL Cool J?

i dunno this is an interesting question

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

If I had to guess I would say Eazy E.

I know Eric B said him and Rakin were millionaires by their third album I think.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
LL Cool J?

i dunno this is an interesting question
I doubt LL was the first one, because he didn't own his publishing, and I highly doubt Russell was giving him half of the sells. Ice-T hit a lick when he signed to Sire records! That's probably why he was able to put out his albums back to back, he recouped his budget so fast

If I had to guess I would say Eazy E.

I know Eric B said him and Rakin were millionaires by their third album I think.

Yeah, i forgot about E!

But was that his money, or was it put back into the label, he had a few people signed to Ruthless in the late 80's. I would love to see the financial stuff with Ruthless, and how the money was spent.

But, I think you might be right, Eazy might have been the first multimillionaire

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would have rather heard this on HOT 97, Ebro wouldn't have mentioned the rumor mill bullshyt about gay rumors and jumping out windows and all that Breakfast Club, silly goofy Charlamagne gossipy shyt.