Every poster in the “ What’s Y’all Job Title and What’s Y’all Salary?” making over 120k

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Not know people lie like dogs online brehs. Not saying everybody did but the current trend of being full of shyt online for attention is strong on here like every other social media platform.

I'd estimate about 35% of them told the truth. 45% stretched it to include tips, gifts, loans etc.

The remaining 20% is just flat out pipe dreaming.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Because every coli nikka is a money maker, despite it being only 10% of the population making 100k or better, majority of them all reside on the coli
Y'all keep saying that but thecoli has 27,000 registered users. If the numbers lined up that'd mean 2700 members are legit 100k+ earners.

How many users posted they made six figures in that topic, 50? That's less than 3% of that 2700 number bro. Very realistic.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
nikkas making bank and have knowledge to get bank.

Yet the homie @Charles Foster Breh thread can't get 15 post

Folks like to keep the well of knowledge for themselves and damn the people that are dying of thirst :francis: . Its a universal thing due to the fear of comeuppance. Then again, Coli brehs cap more than a baseball game. Even I slipped up by saying that I am human:lupe:

THIS. Is exactly what tf I mean. There’s like 20thousand career advice threads that get no spins or looks but a thread posting nothing but Salary numbers and egos gets platted. I swear to gawd people are so fake. As long as they can brag about themselves and inflate their own self worth … concern trolling is so real. Because sharing is caring, they said.
:mjlol:
Did @69 others post there? Transparency he said.
:lupe:

Did any of y’all posting your salaries post here un the career profiles thread :

:jbhmm:

I would also like to hear from people in environmental/civil/geotechnical engineering, power, biomedical engineering, and telecommunications(5g and satellites)
I actually posted the thread with the details in my field. Broke down everything end to end..

Response was mid...

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I haven't posted in that thread specifically but I have posted my annual earnings and near future goals in another thread.

I consider the Coli a tight-knit community with a few bad actors but not enough to spoil the whole bunch. I know there are people like me who came from the worst odds and may need a guiding light through the darkness to get where they want to be, therefore I am wide open and honest about my path, past, present and future to show that it is possible to raise yourself out of the trenches and begin the journey to a stable and fulfilling lifestyle.

I still wish I had people such as myself to let me know that it was it was possible instead of my bumping my head for years.

Anyways, my tips are..

Look up the average salary of jobs within your desired $ range. Pick five or more that you can do (not your passion). Look up the projected job outlook of each job (demand, average salary growth, etc) and also the required education or training.

Figure out which jobs require the least amount of education/training with the highest projected salary that suits YOU. Make sure it's an in demand job that won't be wiped out by outsourcing or other factors.

Go through the cheapest training/educational route and/or use grants, scholarships or whatever kind of free funding you can find. Community College and the Future For Frontliners in Michigan has paid for my tuition almost 100%.

Also, work at your position for a year and a half at least but jump from company to company to increase your pay rather than staying put. Loyalty is not rewarded - put yourself first.

Also, to help with the perspective of time, do not look at things as time intensive like, "Man, two to three years is a long time to put in before I get to where I want to be". Instead, frame it from the 'after' position, like "Once those three years are over, I'm going to look back at how fast it went and that I used that time wisely".

Get it, Coli brethren. :blessed:
Subbed