Farmland

Daps
Reppin
LosSkanless
bruh, I'm on it!!! I bought over an acre near LA some years back.....the area is zoned for agriculture but I have no water on the land, that the only hold up, but once that hurdle is behind me I have a plan to make potentially 2M's a year just using 10% of my land......microgreens is a good sell, and I have a connection to some restaurant owners in So Cal.....get at me we can talk....

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Only person I've known to buy Farm Land had an eye on developing it into a master planned community. Part of the play was building the roads and infrastructure and then "donating" it to the city. Which means he would not have to worry about the upkeep and replacement. Buy the X amount of Acres, divide into quarter acre lots, and then you can sell the lots, or build the units and sell the lots.

So so and so's farm becomes such and such "estates" or "villas".

Real farming?

Corporate farms start at 1,100 acres and go up. It's a very expensive/low margin business to be in. That's one of the reasons why Black folks moved off the farm, or were put into positions where they could not keep the farm even if they wanted to.

Farming can be a reliable return at that scale, but it's definitely not a "come up". When you've got Bill Gates money, it's more about preservation rather than growth and big profits. And he's not haggling with John Deere and Monsanto, worrying about droughts and the heat.

That said, 30 miles outside of most metro areas are usually farm land. If they're not already suburbs, and they're usually priced accordingly.

If you're serious about farming though, there are all sorts of ways to get young people interested in working the land. USDA - Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Loans

And you'll see these same type of programs on the state level.

A lot of these country communities are under-served. But for my money/life/liberty, they're over-white. I maybe could do something on the solo, but I would not raise kids in the sticks.