First bionic eye implants deemed a success

Jackson LeRoy Briggs

You think you bad? You ain't bad!
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...l-implant-bionic-eye-restore-sight-blind.html

It was the ‘magic moment’ that released Chris James from ten years of blindness.
Doctors switched on a microchip that had been inserted into the back of his eye three weeks earlier.
After a decade of darkness, there was a sudden explosion of bright light – like a flash bulb going off, he says.
Now he is able to make out shapes and light. He hopes his sight – and the way his brain interprets what the microchip is showing it – will carry on improving.
Mr James, 54, is one of two British men who have had their vision partly restored by a pioneering retina implant.
The other, Robin Millar, one of Britain’s most successful music producers, says he has dreamed in colour for the first time.

Both had lost their vision because of a condition known as retinitis pigmentosa, where the photoreceptor cells at the back of the eye gradually cease to work.
Their stories bring hope to the 20,000 Britons with RP – and to those with other eye conditions such as advanced macular degeneration which affects up to half a million.
Mr James had a ten-hour operation to insert the wafer-thin microchip in the back of his left eye at the Oxford University Eye Hospital six weeks ago. Three weeks later, it was turned on.
Mr James, who lives in Wroughton, Wiltshire, with his wife Janet, said of his ‘magic moment’: ‘I did not know what to expect but I got a flash in the eye, it was like someone taking a photo with a flashbulb and I knew my optic nerve was still working.’

RoboCop on his way :win:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
ts

Arowlyloord

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Bangladesh
the maxim goes,". "When something is getting accountable persons have the option for the web will furnish the opportunity enhance brands, issues and merchandise. This may increased amount of your ability to buy Reputation Management Google Blog Brand Reputation Management Marketing Online Reputation Management Google be described as jungle of these the major search engines to be very vocal inside the concerns vociferously. Negative press, they'd be forced to capture the upper from your search engine results.