For all the Coli's faults, this Twitter shyt has me appreciating this spot and you brehs

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I know we can bytch about the Coli and some people on here. Some criticism is deserved and some isn't. But whatever else we think this bullshyt going down on Twitter right now gives me a bigger appreciation we have a place like this. Black Twitter is shaking in their boots now thinking Twitter would forever be gravy and leave them alone as long as they didn't violate the TOC. The fact that people like Tariq and Jason Black have rolled there for years unmolested is partly a testament to that.

Black Twitter is interesting but very bifurcated: it has some good folks, insightful commentary (where else can you hear from Dr. TJ Curry), and good historical information alongside crazy ass motherfukkers or annoying folks ranging from weirdos to hoteps to radical feminists and people so bizarre I think you do LGBT a disservice by associating them with it. A lot of the worst migrated there after the Tumblr collapse, but to see them all feeling vulnerable and under siege since they relied on a platform we don't own reaffirms why we need to keep our own shyt, at least as a backup. If Twitter gets janky or hostile where the hell will they go? Reddit or new Tumblr? I can't see a big Mastodon community of Black folks yet though it could happen. If they hit Discord they disappear from public view.

Forums of all flavors have died out big time since social media came on the scene but I hope we find some way to keep this place alive and manageable since I can't think of any other place we can discourse like this under our control (unless ya'll want to bum rush into LSA ):lolbron:

trap101

All Star
Daps
I know we can bytch about the Coli and some people on here. Some criticism is deserved and some isn't. But whatever else we think this bullshyt going down on Twitter right now gives me a bigger appreciation we have a place like this. Black Twitter is shaking in their boots now thinking Twitter would forever be gravy and leave them alone as long as they didn't violate the TOC. The fact that people like Tariq and Jason Black have rolled there for years unmolested is partly a testament to that.

Black Twitter is interesting but very bifurcated: it has some good folks, insightful commentary (where else can you hear from Dr. TJ Curry), and good historical information alongside crazy ass motherfukkers or annoying folks ranging from weirdos to hoteps to radical feminists and people so bizarre I think you do LGBT a disservice by associating them with it. A lot of the worst migrated there after the Tumblr collapse, but to see them all feeling vulnerable and under siege since they relied on a platform we don't own reaffirms why we need to keep our own shyt, at least as a backup. If Twitter gets janky or hostile where the hell will they go? Reddit or new Tumblr? I can't see a big Mastodon community of Black folks yet though it could happen. If they hit Discord they disappear from public view.

Forums of all flavors have died out big time since social media came on the scene but I hope we find some way to keep this place alive and manageable since I can't think of any other place we can discourse like this under our control (unless ya'll want to bum rush into LSA ):lolbron:

So we gonna Trey Songz them... :steviej:

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

:mjpls: