Forbes lists 18 wealthiest Africans, 13 of which are white, 5 are Black.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Forbes Dropped Their List Of Africa's Billionaires — And Only Five Out Of 18 Are Black (msn.com)

Of the 18 richest people in Africa, only five of them are Black.

That’s right: on the continent of Africa, which has perhaps the highest concentration of Black people on Earth, 72 percent of the richest people in Africa are either white or of other non-Black descent.

That’s according to the latest list compiled by Forbes, which revealed that more African billionaires are Afrikaners (descendants from the Dutch, French, and German colonialists in South Africa) than any other African subgroup. And this shouldn’t be surprising, considering how the after-effects of colonial times are still being felt today. In 2015, data released by New World Wealth (via BusinessTech of South Africa) revealed that there was an inequitable transfer of wealth to so-called “marginalized groups,” which includes groups of Black Africans that didn’t even have rights in the country prior to 1994 on account of apartheid.

While these statistics about the richest people in Africa are distressing, it’s still better than the statistics regarding the number of Black billionaires in America. As AfroTech previously reported, only seven billionaires — out of 724 — are Black, meaning less than one percent of all billionaires in the United States are Black.

So, we say this all to say — we still have a long way to go, both in the United States and in Africa to reach full Black equity.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ranking: #1

Aliko Dangote is not only the richest Black man in Africa, but he’s also the richest man in Africa period, and he’s the richest Black man in the world. According to Forbes, he has a real-time net worth of $14 billion, which was made from his manufacturing business.

I guess this makes up for it.

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
^ Hes a puppet for Gates

Edit: Sigh...not something y'all want to hear. Of course you'll blindly support simply because he's a black man with 14 billion. I've see this similar blind support when a charismatic senator from Chicago was running for office in 2008. Peering beneath the surface almost always leads to disappointment.

How I cemented my friendship with Aliko Dangote | Bill Gates

We know Gates is a malicious operator with his philanthropic endeavors especially when it comes to Africa. So by extension someone who's party to his devious schemes can be assumed to be equally evil.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Ranking: #1

Aliko Dangote is not only the richest Black man in Africa, but he’s also the richest man in Africa period, and he’s the richest Black man in the world. According to Forbes, he has a real-time net worth of $14 billion, which was made from his manufacturing business.

I guess this makes up for it.

Running around spending money having fun. Cause even then.....
ZWc.jpeg

Have plans to visit The Africa Center he created in NYC soon.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Cool article. But I say the same thing in most threads about billionaires. That it's such rarified air that you can't draw much from those lists about societal inequities and gaps.

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
Not all Billionaires are accounted for because they don't report their fortunes to Forbes or anyone else.

But these number are still troubling nonetheless.
The effort to create industries has been stifled by puppet governments who serve western interests.