Former NBA coach Avery Johnson agrees to become head coach at Alabama EDIT: Mutually parted ways

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
If it happens, it will make basketball even more interesting in the state of Alabama. It might even be more interesting than football to me. I wouldn't mind seeing UAB, Auburn and Alabama duking it out on the basketball court. It being a mostly black sport, like football, makes it a showcase for the talent in the state and those who choose to come play in the state. It would be nice to see good, quality, competitive basketball. Even though I don't think Alabama should have gotten rid of Anthony Grant. He probably would have done as well as anybody else they will bring in. Notice how Coach K at Duke only has a pattern of only winning a championship every decade or so. He might or might not win this year, but it shows that even at a school that loves basketball like Duke it still takes time to build.

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Avery is a damn good coach. He never could along with bytch PGs and meddling owners in the league
Put Dirk on the bench for jackin shots up. Told him to get his tall ass in the post which lead to MVP, 1st Finals appearance in team history, and Dirk finally
got a ring later
Avery deserved better from the league