Former NBA Player Jamal Crawford Says Jay-Z Has A Bigger Impact In Hip Hop More Than Eminem, 50 Cent Disagrees

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm never gonna be mad about 50 shyt like this. He's always had 50's back and will defend him no matter what since Em is the guy who put him on. I get it. And because of that I'm never going to take his comments on Em at face value lol.

Em brought in some more white fans but white kids were largely already into rap before 1998/1999. Jay has far more influence and relevance.

Red Money

Pro
Daps
But This ain't 2000, lol.

And you could argue Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park was the gateway to hip hop more so than Eminem back then. And Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park was also trying to draw in hip hop fans/black fans to their rock influenced side....and it worked to some degree! Rollin was the biggest song in 2000 between the original and the Remix with DMX and Redman. Linkin Park collaborated with Jay on collision course. Late 90s early 2g... Limp Bizkit had Destinys Child, snoop, dre etc in one of the videos. Even Kid Rock was kinda a gateway into hip hop as well.

Rappers wear skinny jeans like Emo white kids did in 2004 the last 13years....maybe longer if you count Lil Wayne and sorta Kanye back in 2007. Meaning Hip Hop culture has been influenced by outside forces for a while without modification for the culture. Being a rockstar/dressing like the white boys was a thing 2008-2010 or so....maybe longer if you count Jim Jones and Lil Wayne in 2006.

All that said....Jay-Z with the hustler not a rapper thing was a big influence on hip hop. Plus Jay z being a glorified marketer claiming to be a boss was a big influence on hip hop. Jay outside of music was a bigger influence on hip hop than Eminem.

And the hot boys blowing up during the TRL era and having videos playing along backstreet boys and NSYNC brought in young white girls. Hot boys was the black boy band of the era....but edgier. White girls loved them a young Lil Wayne and BG.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50 just riding for the guy that changed his life, I don't know why yall get upset over it. Ask Memph Bleek if Jay is a better ball player than Michael Jordan and he's gonna tell us how Jay coulda been the GOAT hooper but was in the streets too much. Ride for your homeboy.

:russ:

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
50 is the same guy that said it would be ok for em to call him nikka please close this thread :deadrose:
Citation needed because surely not?

Whilst I actually believe he would.
After after all Chelsea handler bragged about calling 50 the closest thing to nikka, and he was still sprung over her.

I dunno if he’d say that publicly though lol

3:30

Thread Killer
Daps
Reppin
3:30
You have multiple bad takes here.

- PLENTY of people have tried to sound like Jay
- Having biters is NOT the end all be all of "influence"
- This notion that Jay was Big's "lil homie" ala Memphis Bleek is revisionist history.

As for the thread, both rappers are very impactful and influential overall, but I give the edge to Jay, and not just because there were several jay z clones.

Nah he has plenty of influence and impact beyond that.

Just because nobody is trying to re-create his formula (while being black I mind you) does not mean he hasn't influenced Hip Hop, specifically the art of rapping. Some of the biggest and critically acclaimed artists right now have Em in their DNA. Expecting it to be 1:1 is skipping over the fact that Eminem is really an undeground rapper who got to go mainstream due to white privliage. Kendrick/J Cole couldn't run with the formula that made Eminem and be successful, but the influene is stll there. Nobody is going to credit him for the underground rappers like the Hopsin's or the Earl Sweatshirts or even battle rap as a whole because they don't have a lot of mainstream appeal or pesence.

If you think Eminem had no impact on how people rap or battle rappers being able to make a career without even really putting out music like that, you might be on the spectrum, or a hater.

Ok let’s play then

Go ahead and name me a rapper that you think is raw

That credits Eminem as a main influence

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Only cacs feel that Eminem had impact outside of sales. I used to work with an idiot cac bytch who was up at the job telling people Eminem was more influential and impact full than 2pac :scust: :camby:

I was just got done browsing some hip-hop facebook group, and there was a topic comparing Emimen and 2Pac. Em's stans(mostly cacs, indians, and asians) were dissing Pac and claiming that black people are mad because "he's better than 99% of black rappers". :skip:

Em's fanbase are the number one reason I never fukked with his music like that. :hubie:Thank God the Coli doesn't have too many of them.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
As much as I hear this online, I've seen the opposite in real life. If I had a nickel every time I heard "I don't like hip-hop but Eminem..." during his peak I'd be rich.

I remember when I was growing up, Eminem had 3 types of fans

- Actual hip Hop fans that like Em but also like other hip hop artists as well

- Teenybopper girls that were into N'Sync and the Backstreet Boys who only liked Em because they found him cute.

- Punk rockers who mostly listen to Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, and Green Day who liked Em because they could relate to his lyrics about shooting heroin and popping pills.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't get why kneegrows have to discredit Em out the blue. Of course he's not as influential as Jay. But u could say that about Nas or Nelly. Why Eminem?

And fukk Jamal Crawford. Fake azz and 1 mixtape azz n1gga. Could never depend on that bum in the playoffs taking them long azz shots.