Former NY Governor Cuomo visits Black Church in Brooklyn... first public appearance since exposal

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
BROOKLYN, N.Y. (WRGB) – Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo spoke Sunday at God's Battalion of Prayer Church in Brooklyn, his first public appearance since announcing his resignation on Aug. 10, 2021.

Cuomo was invited to speak by the church's Rev. Alfred Cockfield, who was appointed to the Long Island Power Authority Board by Cuomo in the summer of 2021.

The former governor began by speaking about the period of time that has elapsed since his resignation, saying, "I resigned as governor, the press roasted me, my colleagues were ridiculed, my brother was fired, it was ugly. It was the first time that I was glad that my father wasn't here so he didn't have to see it."

Cuomo resigned after an investigation by New York State Attorney General Letitia James found he sexually harassed at least 11 women. Nearly four months after the resignation, Chris Cuomo, the former governor's brother, was fired by CNN after details emerged about how the former anchor was advising his brother on how to deal with the fallout from the sexual harassment allegations.

Cuomo then turned his attention to the media and how the attorney general's investigation was covered by the press, which he has called "unfair" and "politically-motivated."

"So let me tell you my truth and get it off my chest so we can talk about the important issues we face today," Cuomo said. "My father used to say that government is an honorable profession but that politics can be dirty business. That is especially true today when politics is so mean and extreme. When even the Democratic party chooses to cancel people in the face of disagreement. Last February several women raised issues about my behavior. As I said then and I say to you today in this hallowed hall, my behavior has been the same for 40 years in public life, but that was the problem. For some, especially younger people, there is a new sensitivity."

Less than a week ago, Cuomo's team released an ad campaign targeting James, calling her report on sexual harassment claims "bogus." This claim is being fueled by the fact that five district attorneys have declined to prosecute Cuomo because of burden of proof issues.

"Now, since last August, five district attorneys have investigated the report of the much publicized 11 violations of law and do you know how many cases of the 11 they found to bring – 10, nine, eight — zero," Cuomo continued. "Why? Because there is a difference between an individual’s opinion as to what they believe is offensive behavior and a legal violation."

He also defended his handling of nursing home deaths: "The State Assembly and Charles Lavine also did a fraudulent, unethical report looking at the state’s nursing home management during COVID. The Manhattan District Attorney investigated those policies and said no laws were broken. That’s six district attorneys from all across the state — Democrats and Republicans — male and female, Black and white. Tens of millions of dollars spent – your tax dollars – and they didn’t find a single case. So 11 months later the truth is known. But it’s too late. Justice too long delayed is justice denied. The report did the damage it was designed to do."

Cuomo then spoke on the supposed influence cancel culture had on his sexual harassment investigation: "Why did they announce to the world 11 legal violations when the district attorneys showed they couldn’t even prove one case? We know why – to create a shock value, to inflame the cancel culture, light up the internet and stampede the press and politicians. To do with politics that which they couldn’t do with the law. They used cancel culture to effectively overturn an election and that was the greatest Albany arrogance. They didn’t elect me, you did."

Cuomo ended his remarks by referencing words used by former politician and civil rights activist John Lewis, saying, "So I’m going to make some noise, I’m going to get into some trouble, I’m going to get into some good trouble, some necessary trouble. And I hope you join me," leaving the door open for what his political future might be

Link to article: Former Gov. Andrew Cuomo speaks publicly for the first time since resignation

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
I saw this on the TV news and Cuomo got positive feedback from the people who attend the church, some even want him to be Governor again :leon:
not surprising. They'd probably still give him 95% of the vote with nothing in return :yeshrug: probably the only dem demographic that would give this clown an A+

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:hhh: This goofy using the Bill Clinton pandering to black people playbook. A playbook in which Bill Clinton shouldn’t have access to use.

I guess his next visit is with Rev. Floyd Flake?

George's Dilemma

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
While I hate the black people and Black church forgiveness and redemption tropes, I'm not mad at him coming back. That was a political hit job what happened to him. I hope he comes back with a vengeance. His brother too.