France and the United States urged to pay reparations to Haiti

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
:patrice: Will they pay it because you know how these white countries are....

As a proud Black American whose family on both sides has been here for centuries like breh OG Motown singer Smokey Robinson. America should take care of home first and foremost we have things here we need to do.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
As a proud Black American whose family on both sides has been here for centuries like breh OG Motown singer Smokey Robinson. America should take care of home first and foremost we have things here we need to do.

Facts...:ehh: but they probably doing this because they trying to help france with the burden :mjlol: cacs gon cac.

but this is good because it lays the groundwork for us...

Jcotton1

All Star
Daps
Facts...:ehh: but they probably doing this because they trying to help france with the burden :mjlol: cacs gon cac.

but this is good because it lays the groundwork for us...

Real spill. I talked with a center planner and his brother who worked on the roads/ infrastructure on the of tri state. We are in trouble. :francis::sadcam:. The things I was shown personally is bad.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Been having a hard time finding some books on Haiti post-revolution right around the time the French circled back and put that debt on them.

Don't think the French will agree, they were the premier sugar colony pre-revolution. If anything France and the US will want more administrative and strategic control over the area for geopolitical reasons.

I found out about Children of Uncertain Fortune: Mixed-Race Jamaicans in Britain and the Atlantic Family, 1733-1833 (Published by the Omohundro Institute of Early ... and the University of North Carolina Press) via The C.O.W.S. Radio Podcast.

It's on my reading list. From the sounds of the interview I think his book may cover that time frame.

By tracing the largely forgotten eighteenth-century migration of elite mixed-race individuals from Jamaica to Great Britain, Children of Uncertain Fortune reinterprets the evolution of British racial ideologies as a matter of negotiating family membership. Using wills, legal petitions, family correspondences, and inheritance lawsuits, Daniel Livesay is the first scholar to follow the hundreds of children born to white planters and Caribbean women of color who crossed the ocean for educational opportunities, professional apprenticeships, marriage prospects, or refuge from colonial prejudices.

The presence of these elite children of color in Britain pushed popular opinion in the British Atlantic world toward narrower conceptions of race and kinship. Members of Parliament, colonial assemblymen, merchant kings, and cultural arbiters--the very people who decided Britain's colonial policies, debated abolition, passed marital laws, and arbitrated inheritance disputes--rubbed shoulders with these mixed-race Caribbean migrants in parlors and sitting rooms. Upper-class Britons also resented colonial transplants and coveted their inheritances; family intimacy gave way to racial exclusion. By the early nineteenth century, relatives had become strangers.

Here's the free download link for the book: Z-Library single sign on

I hope this helps! I will share more resources if I come across them.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I definitely think it's OVER due to Haiti.

But, I think they should go after France first - and then the U.S. Establishing reparations from France first -- will only open the doors and case for their second claim to the U.S.

I wish and support any Black person/ethnicity and Black country all the luck, success and determination to stay strong and continue to fight for redress.