Miami
Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Voted for Interloper. Thats some shyt you hear as your soul transcends to the afterlife. Beat was nothing like I've heard before. Good shyt.

Jr beat was dope too, but just lacked the creativity of Interlopers beat. That shyt sounded magical.

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to go with JRB ... The drums are tight as fukk ... the sample is understated and mellow it just had that vibe, great chops, great little SFX added here and there.

Interloper shyt had those great transitions and variations as always but to me when it comes to beat battles I have to go with the vibe. JRB just had that hip hop vibe and hypnotic aspect that I could just listen to it on repeat for a long ass time.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
Great beat by both. @Interloper is definitely the newcomer of the year and ALL of his beats are some of the most complex shyt I have ever heard in this forum. I would love to witness him putting together a track. Dope work here as always
@franknitty711 @JRBMusic most might not understand what's being presented with this beat but the day one's know that this is a NEW sound from JRB. Well at least as far as I have heard, this is a boom bap beat where it even sounds like he might have put this one together specifically for this tourney and he murdered that shyt. Sounds like he even took some lessons from @producingfire at the end with the voices and shyt :picard: this sounds like some Mobb Deep shyt.
I got to go with JRB on this one but :salute: to both on the great work

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
@Interloper The feel of the track is dope, very hopeful sounding. The overall volume of the track is loud, which makes the track in and of itself difficult to mix. Try turning down the melody sections a bit until you hear the drums sitting on top of the mix. As it stands now, your drums seem to be fighting for space, and even though the track is loud, nothing can clearly be heard because every sound is fighting for space in the mix. Nothing can clearly be heard until 2:42 where you have that excellent drop and arpeggiated melody. If you improve the mixing on this it will truly be something scary. As unique as the track is, if the mix is clearer it would stand in its own space.

@franknitty711 @JRBMusic The drums really smack, and the 2022 boom-bap is on point. The track isn't complex, and to be a great track it really doesn't have to be. It just has to move people. The drums are A1, the mix is good.

@Interloper did more things, and attempted to take the music various places, but it wasn't executed as cleanly as it could have been from a mix standpoint, while @JRBMusic 's track, was concise clean, and the drums were extra crispy. For that reason my vote goes to @JRBMusic

franknitty711

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Great beat by both. @Interloper is definitely the newcomer of the year and ALL of his beats are some of the most complex shyt I have ever heard in this forum. I would love to witness him putting together a track. Dope work here as always
@franknitty711 @JRBMusic most might not understand what's being presented with this beat but the day one's know that this is a NEW sound from JRB. Well at least as far as I have heard, this is a boom bap beat where it even sounds like he might have put this one together specifically for this tourney and he murdered that shyt. Sounds like he even took some lessons from @producingfire at the end with the voices and shyt :picard: this sounds like some Mobb Deep shyt.
I got to go with JRB on this one but :salute: to both on the great work

He basically used what he was creating at time (Sunday). I can say he definitely is trying a lot of new things now with sampling and chopping and using keys much more

Salute to all who voted I appreciate it.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:francis: i've been missing some battles. I'd love to hear JRB's beat. Im very impressed with the young fella and can tell he appreciates the craft/is a student of the game.

@LauderdaleBoss I believe @Interloper beat fits your style to a tee. I'd love to see yall bless the board with that collabo. We're about due for some new boss and @clanarchy too:wow: