Fred Taylor, Channing Crowder, Ryan Clark - The Pivot Podcast *5/14: TOM BRADY*

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
care to share a few? haven’t watched yet just saw his comments about being second best in the nba in ‘92.

They asked him about his political views and he said:

- Breonna Taylor’s death isn’t the same as George Floyd’s because her boyfriend shot at the cops.
- Black people aren’t as upset about black on black violence as they are about police brutality. He also said black people kill each other at a higher rate than white people kill each other
- Black people shouldn’t rely on politics and should focus on working hard
- Black people need the police more than others so the idea of defunding them is silly

But I’ll give him credit, he did say one thing that I agreed with which was:
- More black people need to aspire to be doctors, teachers, lawyers, police, etc instead of wanting to be an athlete or an entertainer.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

- Breonna Taylor’s death isn’t the same as George Floyd’s because her boyfriend shot at the cops.
- Black people aren’t as upset about black on black violence as they are about police brutality. He also said black people kill each other at a higher rate than white people kill each other
- Black people need the police more than others so the idea of defunding them is silly

- More black people need to aspire to be doctors, teachers, lawyers, police, etc instead of wanting to be an athlete or an entertainer.

So basically he said nothing but the truth…..

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

So more bootstrap arguments and false data mixed with some c00n talk. Same Barkley as in the past

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Charles not a c00n I think c00ns are destructive to the black community, Charles just has old school black talking points

He was wrong on the Breonna Taylor topic imo, the problem was the no-knock warrant which is asking for a cop/civilian to get shot. Her boyfriend being a trapper ain’t got shyt to do with anything fr.

he didn’t insult black people while parading white people in anyway.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
What evidence is there that Black people want to be athletes/rapper than doctors?

It’s always going to be anecdotal evidence but as someone that’s been a part of outreach programs with kids, you do get a large majority of them that gravitate towards sports and entertainment. I think the number of kids wanting “normal” jobs is growing but we need that number to be higher.