From the makers of the Raid..Iko Uwais.. Wu Assassins!!! NETFLIX EXCLUSIVE!!! :wow: trailer added

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Iko Uwais Leads Netflix's New Martial Arts Sci-Fi Crime Drama

5104224917258240.png

When you call your new series a martial arts sci-fi crime drama, you’re bound to get more than a few folks looking over to see what you’re doing. Deadline is reporting that Netflix has given a 10-Episode order to Wu Assassins, which will star Iko Uwais(The Raid, Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and comes from Tony Krantz (24), John Wirth (Falling Skies) and Nomadic Pictures (Hell on Wheels). The series is slated to start production on August 8th and will co-star Byron Mann (The Expanse).

Wu Assassins is set in San Francisco’s Chinatown and is described as a martial arts crime series with supernatural elements. Uwais plays Kai Jin, the latest and last Wu Assassin, chosen to round up the powers of an ancient triad and restore balance once again. Mann plays Uncle Six.

Stephen Fung will be directing the first two episode and Krantz is expected to lead one. The series is written by Wirth, who is also the show runner. Uwais, besides being the star, is also producing and will be lead martial arts and fight coordinator and stunt coordinator. Everyone is wearing two hats it seems. Uwais pulled a similar double duty on the Raid and the Raid 2 as well as the upcoming Mile 22.

Cant fukking Wait, Netflix Da Gawd!!!! :wow::banderas:

Last edited:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I'm all for kung fu fukkery. Into the badlands been feeding me for a few years now but Netflix gonna give me that binge piff :wow:
I am allll the way in, but what in the FUKK ever happened to the third Raid movie?????
I know right, shyt went silent after part 2...:dahell:
Gareth Evans basically just went :yeshrug: about a third film after awhile. Guess he ran outta ideas or wanted to pursue other things. shyt broke my heart tho :mjcry:....now I'll nvr know wat ol dude whispered in his ear :damn:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Definitely hyped to see this happening. Netflix stays blessing us :banderas:

It's great to see more martial series come to television.

Into the Badlands has been piff this season and Cinemax has Warrior coming from the dude behind Banshee :win:

Not sure what Gareth is up to, I know he had the Apostle movie with Dan Stevens in the works and the rumored Deathstroke movie.