Fucķ A Superhero Movie, Who Would You Want For A Supervillian Movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lowkey, chronicle was sort of a supervillian movie. or at least like a supervillian origins one.

Where he was killed or destroyed by the hero. I think it's tough to do a movie focused on the villain unless you put them against someone worse or you make them sympathetic. The reason the suicide squad thing works is because you know they're going in to do dirty work and normally they're up against someone worse than who ordinarily they wouldn't give a damn about but because they're forced into the work they have to

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
GalleryComics_1900x900_20141022_DSTROKE001_Cover_rev_54416b6f917e21.78074269.jpg

:birdman: make it happen DC... Deathstroke went toe to toe with batman and fukking won / stalemate/ whatever... this dude deserves a movie..

Daps
Reppin
NYC
can a movie about the joker really even work? how the hell do you make a movie about a character you can't bring yourself to root for? this is a character that has NO redeeming qualities. we want him to fail.

i believe that character can only exist as a foil.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
isn't Infinity War Part 1 going to essentially be a Thanos movie? doesn't he own everyone for most of that comic?

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
A Doom movie would be straight piff if done right, but I don't think Fox is gonna release those rights anytime soon, so the movie would be ass. :sadcam:

Lex and Doom are in the category of "You need a good actor who can pull it off" for the movie to be great, since its more about the characters in their publication history than what they do, if that makes sense. (ie. Their psyche/thought process/etc. compared to powers/abilities)

If the actor doesn't have chops :camby:

A Venom movie is :snoop: :scust: in the hands of Fox, though. Topher Grace as Venom? :camby:

Even though he isn't a villain, I think an Azrael movie would be straight crack. Either Lane or Paul-Valley, I'd go see it day one. :manny:

In that same vein, a Red Hood movie too. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
isn't Infinity War Part 1 going to essentially be a Thanos movie? doesn't he own everyone for most of that comic?

you know i never considered that.

ppl give marvel a lot of shyt for their underwhelming villains but thanos has the potential to score the biggest W in the history of movie villains since darth vader in empire strikes back.

it's very feasible that entire first movie revolves around thanos handing out L's to the entire cast. we already know he'll be triumphant by the film's end.

this could be legendary. :whoo:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
can a movie about the joker really even work? how the hell do you make a movie about a character you can't bring yourself to root for? this is a character that has NO redeeming qualities. we want him to fail.

i believe that character can only exist as a foil.
Also, who would want to see a Batman-less joker movie? Hell even Suicide Squad is going to have some batman vs joker.

Where he was killed or destroyed by the hero. I think it's tough to do a movie focused on the villain unless you put them against someone worse or you make them sympathetic. The reason the suicide squad thing works is because you know they're going in to do dirty work and normally they're up against someone worse than who ordinarily they wouldn't give a damn about but because they're forced into the work they have to
Yeah, i mean take a look at Sons of Anarchy, they are certainly not good guys, but until the last couple seasons where the focus shifted too their downfall, they people they opposed where ALWAYS worse.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
you know i never considered that.

ppl give marvel a lot of shyt for their underwhelming villains but thanos has the potential to score the biggest W in the history of movie villains since darth vader in empire strikes back.

it's very feasible that entire first movie revolves around thanos handing out L's to the entire cast. we already know he'll be triumphant by the film's end.

this could be legendary. :whoo:
yeah, i just assumed part one was gonna be everyone getting destroyed by Thanos, then part 2 is them getting payback.

i've always wanted more "bad guys win" movies across genres. stupid fakkit ass focus groups have probably squashed a ton of them bc they didn't have happy endings

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
yeah, i just assumed part one was gonna be everyone getting destroyed by Thanos, then part 2 is them getting payback.

i've always wanted more "bad guys win" movies across genres. stupid fakkit ass focus groups have probably squashed a ton of them bc they didn't have happy endings

It's like that for every movie, tbh. :manny:

I remember my college room-mates loving every part of No Country For Old Men, but didn't like the ending because Anton kills off Llewellyn's wife and basically gets away scot-free. :manny:

"So he just escapes? :dahell: "

"Uh.....yeah nikka. :heh: :mjlol: "

People like getting that warm fuzzy feeling of everything working out in the end, in some way shape or form. Even if the ending has great closure, they still won't like it because the "bad guy wins."