Funk Flex Apologizes To RZA For Hot 97’s Wu-Tang Clan Beef

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I don't even live in NY and the times I've been there, I know for a fact I heard Wu music played on that station. "Cherchez Laghost" by the main person who said "fukk Hot 97" got play, and Flex dug heavy into Wu music every time he did the '90s night... now if I visit NY a few times a year and heard the shyt, I can only imagine how much it was played on the regular.

And what is Flex even apologizing for? He wasn't running things at 97 in '97... wasn't like he was the one that gave them the ultimatum.
Word! From what I remember, every Wu solo or group effort after Wu-Tang Forever was getting played on Hot 97 either through regular rotation or via the DJ’s up there. shyt, I even remember Flex playing tracks off the Bobby Digital album when it was out Lol So this narrative always been weird to me.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
We all got phones and Spotify/Apple Music now, nobody gives a flying fukk about a dead has been radio station. FOH
No seriously, who still listens to the radio?

Not many people...I used to back when I worked landscaping but this was pre streaming days. I hear the radio a lot at contruction sites, bus drivers, ubers. So usually work reasons where you can't necessarily put on your own playlist and you can't have earbuds in for safety reasons... and places where people either don't have access to internet, or where radio is the easiest and/or only method of entertainment.

But as a whole I'm not wasting my time with that, and I haven't listen to the radion by choice in almost 2 decades.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I seriously want to know. I haven't listened to the radio since the burning CD-Rs era.

Same…..

I straight listen to shyt from my ITunes/Apple Music and before that it was Pandora for years.

I never really got on Spotify or anything else. Felt like my 2 sources was enough and do T see the benefits of a 3rd

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Rza and rae gave flex tracks. The wu tang cream team mineup was kinda like the first single for immobilarity. Flex albums were on loud and used all wu and mobb beats. He would play tracks but the station as a whole stopped playing wu after 2001. Only old school shows and new tracks like new wu which flex premiered.