Gabbard says she's interested in reform of locking up Black Men at higher rates for nonviolent crime

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
With the focus on hoping politicians address our specific issues by naming us specifically I'd figured this board would appreciate the sentiment. Let's see if legislation proposals follow the talk

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
No such thing as "interested"
That was my choice of words. Best way to describe what she posted because she didn't include any proposed legislation to go along with it.

All black people are not criminals. This is something that doesn't need to be stated. this should be a part of agenda anyway, not just something she's interested in.
I don't think that is the implication but there something wrong with a justice system that looks to lock people up for life of one race but allow people to turn their life around and a second chance for another.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Sherrod Brown has been openly discussing this for years, not just the last year or so when it became a soft and relatively safe talking point.
I'm one of the original Brown train passengers on this board breh breh :hubie:

He disappointed me a bit though recently with his Medicare at 55 stance. Hope he talks about bring back the public option (that he introduced in ACA)

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Sherrod Brown has been openly discussing this for years, not just the last year or so when it became a soft and relatively safe talking point.
Yep fukk any candidate who started talking this game for 2020. We already know who lives these beliefs and who just read the polls that black people aren’t having it from the democratic establishment anymore.