GameStop episode 4: A new Hope of stonks

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
This is interesting it's basically you buy my stock he buys your stocks than she buys his stocks than short sellers come in and are forced to buy her stocks. Technical there's nothing illegal when a bunch of people get together and buy up a stock or short it.

What's unique about this is that it's the retail investors who are doing it to the hedge funds. This might be the beginning of the end of hedge funds. 401k firms cannot legally take risky positions so they have no dog in this fight. It's straight up rich folks vs average joe's.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Knew this was only a matter of time. Thinking the government wouldn’t pull out those SEC lawyers with the “market manipulation” when they see this surge. As soon as I saw the server was banned; the chain of events would escalate. The watchdogs aren’t going to sit around and let Retail Traders make bank while the hedge funds rack up losses amounting to 1B. Game over.
Discord bans the r/WallStreetBets server

Chamath Palihapitiya closes GameStop position, but defends investors' right to sway stocks like pros

GameStop Insiders Sold Stock Before It Went Vertical

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
can i get some specific stocks in travel and entertainment?

Delta, Southwest, United, Carnival, MGM resorts, I invested in dave and busters heavy as well. Along with my Ford stock, my 3M stock, my Palantir stock my portfolio is eating good right now and shyt is low key still moving at a snails pace compared to what it will be once they open everything back up. It aint too late to buy in, but I would hurry because once those vaccines get pumping out and shyt opens back up it will be too late :ufdup:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
These motherfukkers wouldnt piss on us if we were on fire. If they die, they die

23e7254aba00f3511ebc9fb455285b4c.gif

:russ:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Delta, Southwest, United, Carnival, MGM resorts, I invested in dave and busters heavy as well. Along with my Ford stock, my 3M stock, my Palantir stock my portfolio is eating good right now and shyt is low key still moving at a snails pace compared to what it will be once they open everything back up. It aint too late to buy in, but I would hurry because once those vaccines get pumping out and shyt opens back up it will be too late :ufdup:
we got 90 days for sure, all travel, hotels, airplanes, etc gotta be copped on the low

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Knew this was only a matter of time. Thinking the government wouldn’t pull out those SEC lawyers with the “market manipulation” when they see this surge. As soon as I saw the server was banned; the chain of events would escalate. The watchdogs aren’t going to sit around and let Retail Traders make bank while the hedge funds rack up losses amounting to 1B.
Discord bans the r/WallStreetBets server

Yah this was gonna happen the minute people NOT the hedge fund guys started making millions and they was losing...I knew it was gonna happen when that dude made 22 million off this shyt and people followed suit betting against the suits... and the little man started winning... :pachaha:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Ameritrade restricts trading in GameStop, AMC as trading platforms struggle to keep up with historic volume

Risk Mitigation begins:

Ameritrade has restricted access to GameStop, AMC, and "other securities" as retail traders continue to send the markets for a loop.

"In the interest of mitigating risk for our company and clients, we have put in place several restrictions on some transactions in $GME, $AMC, and other securities. We made these decisions out of an abundance of caution amid unprecedented market conditions and other factors," Ameritrade said in a statement.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They out for blood. I'm willing to take a loss just to see some of these fat cats humbled.
:mjlol:

The GameStop Short Squeeze Shows an Ugly Side of the Investing World

im-290710

The GameStop Short Squeeze Shows an Ugly Side of the Investing World
Short sellers are thick-skinned, but the nasty comments, insults and threats leveled at them feel like political fights, not investing differences

Andrew Left is no stranger to conflict when it comes to investing. He makes a living betting that companies will stumble, and he calls out executives by name.

Companies and their supporters fight back, but the criticism he normally gets is nothing compared with the venom spewed in recent days by stock traders who have come together online to drive up shares of an unlikely momentum stock, mall retailer GameStop Corp.

“It makes you feel vulnerable,” Mr. Left, 50, founder of Citron Research, said in an interview. “We live in a world where we’re all exposed and people don’t understand boundaries.”

The angry traders have shared his personal information, hacked into Mr. Left’s social-media accounts and texted Mr. Left and his two children, using threatening, profane and personal language, according to people close to the matter.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
What The Heck Is Going On?
By Brian Warner on January 27, 2021

To keep this as simple as possible, until recently GameStop was literally the most shorted stock on Wall Street. When a stock is shorted, the shorter is betting the price will drop. People with short positions only make money when the stock decreases in price. The risk with short selling is there's unlimited downside.

For some reason, the people who follow r/wallstreetbets decided to coordinate an attack on all the GME shorts by buying up tons of shares, sending the price to the moon, forcing the shorts to "cover" their bets… This actually creates a vicious cycle for the shorts. When the stock suddenly spikes, they are forced to rush in and buy shares back to avoid a potentially unlimited downside. This rush results in even more gasoline being poured onto the fire as the shorts buy more shares at even higher prices. Hence the term "short squeeze".

As a result of this unprecedented short squeeze, it has been reported that some hedge funds who had large short positions are teetering on bankruptcy, having lost hundreds of millions or even billions of dollar in a matter of hours this week.

One hedge fund, which I won't name because these are unconfirmed rumors, was allegedly so damaged that it had to borrow $2 billion from a fellow hedge fund run by the owner of the NY Mets. It has been alleged that the hedge fund proceeded to lose that entire $2 billion bailout the very next day (yesterday).

Andrew Left of Citron, Gabriel Plotkin of Melvin Capital and Loen Shaulov of Maplelane LLC were on the losing end of the price action, pulling out of their positions after likely losing billions

New York Mets owner Steve Cohen had exposure to the turbulent situation as well, after his Point72 Asset Management helped bail out Melvin Capital

New York Mets owner Steve Cohen had exposure to the turbulent situation as well, after his Point72 Asset Management teamed up with Ken Griffin's firm Citadel to inject Melvin with a combined $2.75 billion bailout on Monday to help the struggling fund.

Responding to a worried Mets fan on Twitter who asked if the GameStop situation would impact the team's payroll, Cohen wrote: 'Why would one have anything to do with the other'.

Maplelane Capital LLC, a New York hedge fund that started the year with about $3.5 billion, was down roughly 30 percent for the year through Wednesday, with its bearish GameStop position a significant driver of losses, sources told the Wall Street Journal.

yikes....