GameStop episode 4: A new Hope of stonks

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Everything happening now is well within the confines of what the system allows and happens everyday.

They are just mad that they arent the ones who are speculatively controlling it.

Rigged system is rigged
/thread

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Learn about stocks/options and stop trying to ride the fukking wave on some fomo shyt. If you cop an option the most you can lose is the premium aka what you paid for the 100 shares. So if you have enough to cop the option you have enough to "cover" if it goes wrong since you can't and I repeat can't lose more than the premium you paid for the option. If you pay 100 for an option that's the most you can lose.
@ORDER_66 if you buy a call option, if you buys some puts or something...you're on the wrong end.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
What is a good book or resource for non-financial brehs to learn the basics of stocks/trading?
It depends on what you're really trying to do. Not going to lie I think most of y'all just trying to make it rich like its nothing. I don't have a book recommendation for that because I don't know one that covers that. I'm assuming you're trying to do options like you're seeing here so I'd say Options made easy by Guy Cohen is a good book I used to first learn some stuff. From there like anything if you're truly interested you'll find other books/resources depending on what type of strategy you're tryng to employ. Depending on that there is countless books on each type of strategy.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
It depends on what you're really trying to do. Not going to lie I think most of y'all just trying to make it rich like its nothing. I don't have a book recommendation for that because I don't know one that covers that. I'm assuming you're trying to do options like you're seeing here so I'd say Options made easy by Guy Cohen is a good book I used to first learn some stuff. From there like anything if you're truly interested you'll find other books/resources depending on what type of strategy you're tryng to employ. Depending on that there is countless books on each type of strategy.
:whoa: I'm not really trying to get into it myself as it all seems so risky. Just trying to get a basic understanding of how the markets work so I won't be totally ignorant to it.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
nah i wanted to bold your post with the additional information. Certain options have unlimited downsides. I could've copied and pasted but it was easier to just quote the bolded.
They do but its unlikely duke would be doing those types of options. Dude asking a shyt load of questions on simple options and didn't want to add any more to his plate. Duke really ain't ready so I just tried to give him the most basic stuff for what he was most likely trying to do.