GameStop episode 4: A new Hope of stonks

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps

lol this shyt got international :russ:

14 billy lost and counting :wow:

More will be lost tomorrow.. the plan is to hold till Friday when all their short calls become due and the lose even more... that’s what I’ve been reading. Expect tomorrow to be a red day and all the stops being pulled. Expect Friday to make a lot of regular people rich.

this is playing out like a movie brehs!

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hedge funds with shytty toxic and expensive shorts in their hands:

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:196468

Basic ass investors catching a stimulus package size lick

fc03fbce42d623012420489e3f472de6.gif
They don’t like when the wealth transfer is in reverse

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Can someone break down this whole situation for me

Rich hedge fund dudes were buying and selling imaginary stocks from Gamestop to inflate the stock price.

Common folks found out about it and started buying up real stocks.

Hedge fund dudes got scared and started to buy stocks for real.

Price is now out of control and the hedge fund dudes are in a bind, because they have to cover the imaginary stocks at the inflated value.

Reddit is holding, squeezing out stock and keeping the price up.

The government is watching close and other Hedge fund dudes are freaking out and calling for regulation because they lost over $14 billion dollars in a week.

And here we are :yeshrug:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can someone break down this whole situation for me

Hedge fund borrowed more stocks than there were available. This would’ve been fine if GameStop’s stock went unnoticed and kept going down in value as they could’ve returned the shares over time. But....Retail investors (i.e. regular people) realized this and bought up as many shares as they could :lolbron::youngsabo: The hedge fund now doesn’t have the shares they need, can’t get the shares they need without buying them back from the retail investors at a huge markup, they keep trying to scare the retail investors into selling for a loss by trying to manipulate the share price but people aren’t biting and everyday that goes by it increases the costs the hedge fund has to pay....massive amounts of money in interest charges....which brings them back to eventually having to pay the price retail investors want to end the nightmare :lupe:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Hedge fund borrowed more stocks than there were available. This would’ve been fine if GameStop’s stock went unnoticed and kept going down in value as they could’ve returned the shares over time. But....Retail investors (i.e. regular people) realized this and bought up as many shares as they could :lolbron::youngsabo: The hedge fund now doesn’t have the shares they need, can’t get the shares they need without buying them back from the retail investors at a huge markup, they keep trying to scare the retail investors into selling for a loss by trying to manipulate the share price but people aren’t biting and everyday that goes by it increases the costs the hedge fund has to pay....massive amounts of money in interest charges....which brings them back to eventually having to pay the price retail investors want to end the nightmare :lupe:

We definitely aren't getting another stim pack for a long minute now :russ:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I wanna do a call this morning but each one is 100 shares I aint got enough to cover it if it goes wrong...:picard: shyt i might just buy and hold...

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I wanna do a call this morning but each one is 100 shares I aint got enough to cover it if it goes wrong...:picard: shyt i might just buy and hold...
Learn about stocks/options and stop trying to ride the fukking wave on some fomo shyt. If you cop an option the most you can lose is the premium aka what you paid for the 100 shares. So if you have enough to cop the option you have enough to "cover" if it goes wrong since you can't and I repeat can't lose more than the premium you paid for the option. If you pay 100 for an option that's the most you can lose.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We definitely aren't getting another stim pack for a long minute now :russ:

We done took numerous L’s over the past ten years or so. The 2008 Recession. Student loan crisis. Increasing wealth inequality. Trump being elected. Billions in tax cuts for the rich while we got $600. Covid pandemic. Second Recession due to Covid pandemic. All those L’s. And they can’t take one. Three hedge funds lost money because retail investors made a move hedge funds make everyday and they ready to rewrite laws :mjlol:

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Learn about stocks/options and stop trying to ride the fukking wave on some fomo shyt. If you cop an option the most you can lose is the premium aka what you paid for the 100 shares. So if you have enough to cop the option you have enough to "cover" if it goes wrong since you can't and I repeat can't lose more than the premium you paid for the option. If you pay 100 for an option that's the most you can lose.

That's the thing I'm checking the app and the calls are all at 100 shares... you can't modify...unless you buying the contract...:francis: I mean if I can't cover the buy wont i lose money? I'll be in the hole breh...:lupe: