Gilbert Arenas cites Grant Hill as reason Pippen and Jordan wouldn’t be as good defensively 2Day

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Grant Hill back in the day was really fukking nice bro. Maybe as good as LeBron, KD, Kobe, or Harden are now brodie. Probably not better than any of them, but they're all on the same tier. Let's not act like this is an outrageous take.

Also from the way old heads tell it, hand checking was still widely used back then and was used as a crutch by defenders, making them look a lot better than they were. MJ defensively would be Tony Allen today with more shotblocking. I think Pippen's defense today would be a lot better than MJ's, and he'd also probably win at least one Defensive Player of The Year Award.

I don't think Gilbert was putting them down as defenders. I'm sure he still thinks they'd make multiple All-Defensive teams each. It's just that in MJ and Pippen's runs they weren't facing Wade, Kobe, Harden, KD, LeBron, PG, Melo, Giannis, Kawhi, Devin Booker, Bradley Beal, Donovan Mitchell, DeMar DeRozan and CJ McCollum every 2nd game. Let's not forget all the Point Guards I didn't list, that MJ and Pip would inevitably have to cover every few games.
Y’all just automatically list players THAT YOU BELIEVE are better than the guards in the 80s and 90s

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I watched every Bulls game back then. To say he abused Pippen is stretching it. He’s a great player, so he had his moments, but he wasn’t dominating him like you say.

Niccas forgot about WGN 33. these nicca talk out they ass on this board :laugh:

Okay and I watched every Piston's game featuring Grant. Pippen posed no problems for him, that guy that did was Mashburn and that was only on the offense end.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You really are a fukking idiot :pachaha:

Other than the euro step, how many moves are used now that weren’t used back then:heh:
Be illiterate brehs

Miss a 17 page thread

Ignore that cac announcers are mesmerized by a basic wrap around dribble brehs

RealDaejon

Rookie
Daps
Y’all just automatically list players THAT YOU BELIEVE are better than the guards in the 80s and 90s
Not once in my post did I say Bradley Beal was better than Grant Hill. I you read the top part bro, I say the only Shooting Guards and Small Forwards from this era on Grant's level are LeBron, KD, Harden, and Kobe. That's not disrespect at all. They all won MVP's and are perennial top 5 players during their era.