Giuliani: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Giuliani: ‘Truth isn’t truth’

By REBECCA MORIN and DAVID COHEN

08/19/2018 10:27 AM EDT

Updated 08/19/2018 11:22 AM EDT

President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani on Sunday claimed "truth isn't truth" when trying to explain why the president should not testify for special counsel Robert Mueller for fear of being trapped into a lie that could lead to a perjury charge.

“When you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he’s going to tell the truth and he shouldn’t worry, well that’s so silly because it’s somebody’s version of the truth. Not the truth,” Giuliani told Chuck Todd on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday morning

Truth is truth,” Todd responded.

“No, it isn’t truth,” Giuliani said. “Truth isn’t truth. The President of the United States says, “I didn’t …”

A startled Todd answered: “Truth isn’t truth?

Giuliani: “No, no.”

Todd said: “This is going to become a bad meme.“

Giuliani‘s remark was not the first time he has gone down this road.

Last week on CNN, he rejected Chris Cuomo’s assertion that “facts are not in the eye of the beholder."

"Yes, they are," Giulini said. "Nowadays they are."

In May, the former New York mayor pursued a similar line of thought in an interview with the Washington Post about the Mueller investigation: “They may have a different version of the truth than we do.” (In response to Giuliani‘s remarks Sunday, Merriam-Webster tweeted a link to the definition of the word truth in its dictionary.)

Trump's legal team, led by Giuliani, earlier this month replied to special counsel Mueller’s proposal for terms of a possible presidential interview, but wouldn't disclose the details of the counteroffer.

Mueller is investigating whether the Russian government colluded with Trump's 2016 campaign, as well as related issues including possible obstruction of justice by the president.

The president has said he is willing to speak with the special counsel, though his legal team is advising against it.

Giuliani also accused Mueller of leaking that White House counsel Don McGahn cooperated with the special counsel.

The New York Times reported Saturday that McGahn spent 30 hours over a three day period answering questions as part of Mueller's investigation.

Trump tweeted Saturday evening that he allowed McGahn and "all other requested members of the White House staff, to fully cooperate with the special counsel.”

Giuliani told Todd that the special counsel was the only one who could have "leaked" the story.

"I believe this is a desperate special council who leaked this to the New York Times, illegally I might add," he said.

When pressed how he knew it was Mueller, Giuliani said those involved on Trump's side would have never done it.

"I didn't leak to the Times and Jay Sekulow didn't leak it to the Times. The president sure as heck didn't. So who could it be?" Giuliani said. "It could be McGahn. McGahn's not doing it and he would have done it a long time ago if he was gonna do it."

Giuliani, who has previously called on the investigation to end in September, said he doesn't believe the White House has any evidence on the president.

"They're down to desperation time," he said. "They have to write a report and they don't have a single bit of evidence."

MBwithadream

All Star
Daps
White people been changing history ever since they came out the caves. The definition of truth is constant, but the acceptance of what is the truth has always been subjective. Lies do Sometimes evolve into "truths". Rudy Fooliani just gave up the game
that look like Obama in that statute

teacher

All Star
Daps
:dwillhuh:The cancer must of metastasized to the brain? At least i hope it did rest in piss cocksucka :pacspit: lets get a 2 for 1 with him and McCain :blessed: