Got my Class A CDL Ya'll!!!!! Yes!! - Official Truckers Thread

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Make sure your drivers are HZ endorsed please. Every. Damn. Day. I got a contract driver that can’t pull a load when I need to move this 7000 lbs of non flammable due frieght.
Good looks. So I'm definitely going to do that but I'm not looking to drive 18 wheelers. I'm going the 26ft box truck route. I can still get HZ certified for that can't I?
Have you already started/registered for a LLC or a Corporation yet, have a MC or DOT number, or are you not at that stage yet?
Not yet breh. That's basically up next. You have to have insurance right after you apply for either of those? I'm not buying the truck right away but I want to apply now so that the authority starts getting some age. By the time I get my truck the authority will be like 4-5 months old. But yes I have my LLC, Biz Bank account, DNB # and B8z credit cards/Biz line of credit

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Good looks. So I'm definitely going to do that but I'm not looking to drive 18 wheelers. I'm going the 26ft box truck route. I can still get HZ certified for that can't I?

Not yet breh. That's basically up next. You have to have insurance right after you apply for either of those? I'm not buying the truck right away but I want to apply now so that the authority starts getting some age. By the time I get my truck the authority will be like 4-5 months old. But yes I have my LLC, Biz Bank account, DNB # and B8z credit cards/Biz line of credit

A good way to start is to apply to a Trucking job that pays 1099. And have them pay you directly to your business, so your business can show a history of income, which helps with banks, credit, etc

Then you can use that income to buy your truck

On top of that you alot of those jobs offer insurance (trucking occupational accident insurance) for the Truck Driver so you won't have to get your own insurance

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

Yeah you should be ok to pull the boxes. As long as ur HZ qualified, that’s all we look for to pull the frieght

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Any owner/operators in here?
Can I get some advice?

I'm not an owner operator but before you do that make sure you have money saved up for repairs and things you need to do to the tractor. Just talked to a guy who said he leased a truck and as soon as he got back home with it he had to fix something. They don't want to pay for repairs in that type of situation. They are looking to get you in a debt trap. You have to repair everything out of your pocket anyway as an owner operator.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Any owner/operators in here?
Can I get some advice?

I would look to be a Lease Operator first

This way you're under a system while paying way less on monthly expenses (less insurance expense, less on fuel, less registration expenses)