Haitian Current (or not so in the past) Events

Discussion in 'The Root' started by For Da Bag, May 18, 2018.

1. Get These Nets

Get These Nets Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

cousin was down there......was scheduled to leave last Friday........had to sleep at the airport until Monday when he left.

when he gets situated, i'm gonna talk to him about what was happening on the ground

For Da Bag dapped this.
  2. Get These Nets

Get These Nets Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

agree.

3. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

If Haiti’s government does not confront poverty, corruption, more unrest will follow

Get These Nets dapped this.
  4. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

How is Haiti not able to drag Canada, France, and the UN to the Hague/ICJ? Clearly, laws were broken restitution is due. Not to mention the iridium being currently stolen by the UN.

5. mson

mson Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $3345000.00

Any updates on this?

6. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Aside from Hillary Clinton getting her brother in position to take said gold, nope.

Samson and mson dapped this.
  7. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

This comedian telling a heartbreaking story of how colorism has taken over the country and how foreigners don't respect the people there.

Samson and Get These Nets dapped this.
  8. Get These Nets

Get These Nets Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

GREAT video.

I was confused at first because I thought he was of Haitian descent...

Stuff he said in the video is 100% real, and I'm just going on what I've seen HERE in the US, with Haitian people interacting among ourselves. You see remnants of it, because whatever power and class dynamics existed in Haiti don't apply in America.
    Whites, mulatto children/families of the French slavers, and large middle eastern community are the ones who run commerce in Haiti.....the Black majority is on the bottom for the most part.

When he said he's traveled the world, it puzzles me that this seems to be the first place he's encountered this because it applies to all the former slave colonies....so I don't think he's traveled to English speaking Caribbean or Latin America.

I could see the pain in his face for being ashamed for not defending the Haitian driver from the people insulting him.

Samson dapped this.
  9. Get These Nets

Get These Nets Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

update reaction to video

the comedian didn't lie about colorism, but I'm gonna call bs on the video

He & a Haitian comedian have a comedy team called Aba & Preach

here is one of their videos from january 2108..........presumably before this trip he took this year

Not sure if it's from growing up around Haitians, his comedy partner schooling him, or just through his own initiative, but the comedian knows some of the basics about Haitian history.
    Either his comedy partner wasn't keeping it real with him about how things are........or he's acting when he says he wasn't prepared to witness the wealth and social disparity in Haiti

[​IMG]

The motto on the flag itself, points to how and why the revolution worked..Unity(between the Africans and the mulattoes) makes strength.
    How are you partners with another entertainer ?, discuss Haitian topics?, but not know about the history of the island and how that affects the society today?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
    For Da Bag dapped this.
  10. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

I just ran across this on YouTube. It's old, 2016, but it does show that this immigrant situation definitely was flared up during the campaign.

The best response the school administration could come up with was that haitian kids were not quiet and invisible while celebrating Haitian Flag Day. :snoop:

Get These Nets dapped this.
  11. Get These Nets

Get These Nets Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Thanks

I have mixed feelings about this story. My father really educated me about history of Haiti and pride in our heritage but he would have SLAPPED the shyt out of me for being sent home for that reason. I would have just turned my shirt inside out and not missed test day. How you carry yourself and how you move was/is more important to me than any gesture or holiday.

The school administration is FULL of shyt though. They are copping pleas and making shyt up as they go along. IF there was any kind of problem the previous year, they should have addressed what the policy was a WEEK before the holiday the year of the story. If he didn't send out letters/emails to the parents before St Patricks Day, Cinco de Mayo, and Haitian Flag day then the principal is a bullshytter.

12. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

The Clintons’ Haiti Screw-Up, As Told By Hillary’s Emails

Well at least one of the Clintons was honest and competent. I guess there's that. :francis:

13. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

2018 Earthquake

At least 12 dead and more than 100 hurt in Haiti earthquake, with toll likely to rise

14. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Thousands march in protest of Haitian Gov't mismanagement/misuse of Petrocaribe funds

Thousands protest corruption in Haiti as president calls for unity and patience

15. For Da Bag

For Da Bag Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

This PetroCaribe issue goes back to Rene Preval as well.
    New WikiLeaked Cables Reveal: How Washington and Big Oil Fought PetroCaribe in Haiti | Haiti Liberte