Halo: The Master Chief Collection may get microtransactions in the future

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It’s Microsoft. Didn’t Gran Turismo 7 just have microtransactions?
GT7 microtransactions are egregious in a special way. shyt was like hundreds of dollars just for one car.

It’s 2022, i thought we were well beyond faux outrage over optional cosmetic microtransactions. I’m actually surprised MCC doesn’t already have them :dahell:

CoolinInTheCut

All Star
Daps
GT7 microtransactions are egregious in a special way. shyt was like hundreds of dollars just for one car.

It’s 2022, i thought we were well beyond faux outrage over optional cosmetic microtransactions. I’m actually surprised MCC doesn’t already have them :dahell:

The GT7 outrage is complete console war nonsense. Theres multiple easy races you can farm and make a couple million an hour.

But I'm sure you knew that as an owner of all 3 consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The GT7 outrage is complete console war nonsense. Theres multiple easy races you can farm and make a couple million an hour.

But I'm sure you knew that as an owner of all 3 consoles.
What do you think is going on in here:martin:

There’s always ways to earn. The “outrage” is always fake.

Like i said it’s 2022, the shyts expected at this point. How the hell do people think they fund ongoing updates?

Imo this is a way better solution than what it used to be with paid expansions and map packs.

People that want to pay, pay. People that want to just play, get to play.

Devs keep money rolling in to pay salaries.

Everybody wins.

CoolinInTheCut

All Star
Daps
What do you think is going on in here:martin:

There’s always ways to earn. The “outrage” is always fake.

Like i said it’s 2022, the shyts expected at this point. How the hell do people think they fund ongoing updates?

Imo this is a way better solution than what it used to be with paid expansions and map packs.

People that want to pay, pay. People that want to just play, get to play.

Devs keep money rolling in to pay salaries.

Everybody wins.

This is bullshyt outrage too.

The shyt that Respawn does with Apex Legends is far more egregious, and the industry lets them slide cause they dont align with any one console so they're not a target in console wars.

OnlyFrans

subscribe today!
Supporter
Daps
:dead:

EDIT: Reopened. This was the excuse:

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.
the whole first page of the MCC section on the forum is threads shyttin on the MTX:lolbron:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, unless they come out and say they've reopened development on MCC, then this is kind've foul. Adding micro transactions eight years later to a game that isn't getting significant new content isn't the most consumer friendly thing you can do.

CoolinInTheCut

All Star
Daps
Yeah, unless they come out and say they've reopened development on MCC, then this is kind've foul. Adding micro transactions eight years later to a game that isn't getting significant new content isn't the most consumer friendly thing you can do.

Do people really expect new content for a 8 year old game?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do people really expect new content for a 8 year old game?

I don't, but that's usually the justification for microtransactions. Those that choose to do so give them money for whatever they're selling, and that helps fund continued development. My understanding is that outside of keeping servers up, MCC is done, so in this case, it comes across as just adding microtransactions for the sake of adding a revenue stream.

It makes sense for Halo Infinite, since they've said it's supposed to be supported for several years, and the money to do it isn't just coming from nowhere, and the multiplayer is free to play anyway.