Happy Birthday to El-Hajj Malik El Shabazz

Daps
Reppin
Houston
Happy birthday to my hero. Malcolm X would've been 87 today. The man embodied a lot of ideals I agree with. RIP to a great man.

m_x_1.gif

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Time to put this on facebook even tho i didnt know, just to act like Im some afro centric nikka who is different from everyone else :lolbron:

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
props, Did anyone read that manning marble book on Malcolm X was it any good?

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Feb 21 and May 19...i'll never forget those 2 dates. Malcolm X was a man who mastered himself. This man took profanity out of his vocabulary. Lets think about that for a minute. This was a man who cursed profusely...To go from that to no cursing at all is a feat that seems only done by those who truly want to master themselves. He memeorized every word in the Dictionary just so he could compete on an intellectual level and it worked. This is a man who denounced all drugs and refered to them as "The white mans poison." Malcom X denounced Malcolm Little but sadly, this generation, especially hip hop, embraces what Malcolm Little represented. We are not supposed to be embracing malcolm Little...we are supposed to master ourselves like Malcolm X but the 85% cant and are stuck on Malcolm Little. When u quit smoking weed, drinking alcohol, having wild out of wedlock sex and can take cursing out of yo vocab....that would only be the first step to reaching where Malcolm was....Malcolm X was sent from the heavans as an example for u and me as to what it takes to properly master self.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Malcolm X was sent from the heavans as an example for u and me as to what it takes to properly master self.

Great post, but I just wanted to highlight this part. I truly believe the man was a prophet of Allah. + rep

props, Did anyone read that manning marble book on Malcolm X was it any good?

It was very good. Alot of gems that were missed in Haley's version. Like Malcolm assembling a hit squad to take out LAPD officers in broad daylight, I was like :ohmy: until Elijah told them to fall back :scusthov: