Has a film ever had a significant impact on your thinking/worldview/behavior?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
peaceful warrior, in 2006...about a gymnast.

Mediocre film but it opened me up to philosophy, seriously, and practicing mindfulness. I think was developing anxiety at the time, worried about my future and college etc. The film does a great job at encouraging being present, truly present. I've been using those lessons ever since.

First things first, compartmentalize problems, take time to enjoy and actually see the beauty in the world. This lead to me getting Stoicism. Coming to terms with my beliefs in the divine and learning these is power in knowing how listen...even to those who have nothing to say. Most have nothing to say but thats not necessarily a bad thing; use we can use it to our advantage.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Pasa/Altadena
Apocalypse Now. I think most war films I saw prior to this one glamorized and sanitized war, a good deal of patriotism mixed in to give you a good feeling. Apocalypses Now had none of that. Very disturbing. Have watched a few times and don't feel the need to revisit it again.

have you seen "Come and See" (1985) yet?

it's one of those movies that sticks with you forever after you see it

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Momento...because you have to watch it multiple times to understand the full story and it made me realize that often times in life for things to make sense you have to take them out of order...

Primer...made me realize that most friendships are a matter of convenience and financial / social status...once someone moves up or down to much then they are no longer friends with people who didn't...weird cause the movie was not really about that at all...just the fact that if you go in chronological order of the movie both guys lie and betray each other and don't really even think about it at all...

That's really about it. I've had such a varied, enriched, fulfilling life that it's not very much a 2 hour make believe story can teach, show, or change me in some way that actual real life events didn't.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

regular ass millennials/zoomers not bout this shyt

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was moreso books for me, not movies. The closest movie for me is Hero (1992), with Geena Davis Dustin Holffman & Andy Garcia.
People believe what they want to believe, and you will only be a hero if you fit the public perception of a hero. Most importantly, your reputation/past follows you forever, good or bad.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gone Girl had me looking at women differently and Final Destination had me looking at my surroundings differently

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
It was moreso books for me, not movies. The closest movie for me is Hero (1992), with Geena Davis Dustin Holffman & Andy Garcia.
People believe what they want to believe, and you will only be a hero if you fit the public perception of a hero. Most importantly, your reputation/past follows you forever, good or bad.

Great idea, expand the scope beyond movies if you wish.

Also props to everyone who is saying why it changed their mindset and perspective instead of just dropping a title with no insight.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Many have. That's kind of why you read and see movies. Two of the top would be Traffic and Vanilla Sky when I was younger.