Has anyone ever gotten a refund from Apple?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I downloaded this running app this morning called BetterMe. In the App Store, it says it was free. So I download it, & sign up, & after putting in my info it went to a subscription page.

Long story short, I was conned into thinking I signed up for a free trial, but I look at my bank account & these fukkers charged my card $115 for a yearly subscription.

I’ve been looking online & this has happened to hundreds of people. I just tried to call Apple but it’s outside business hours, so I have to wait till the morning.

Does apple usually give out refunds for accidental purchases or scams? Apparently this app has been doing this for a while tricking people by charging them without going through the 7 day free trial

Daps
Reppin
I downloaded this running app this morning called BetterMe. In the App Store, it says it was free. So I download it, & sign up, & after putting in my info it went to a subscription page.

Long story short, I was conned into thinking I signed up for a free trial, but I look at my bank account & these fukkers charged my card $115 for a yearly subscription.

I’ve been looking online & this has happened to hundreds of people. I just tried to call Apple but it’s outside business hours, so I have to wait till the morning.

Does apple usually give out refunds for accidental purchases or scams? Apparently this app has been doing this for a while tricking people by charging them without going through the 7 day free trial

Request a refund for an App Store or iTunes Store purchase

Hostile

All Star
Daps
A similar thing happened to me. Bought something from the app store that was "free". When I checked my bank account I noticed a $9 transaction and another pending.

I looked online to figure out wtf was going on and saw I got conned. When I called Apple I told them there were fraudulent charges on my card. They asked about my Apple account, I told them I didn't have one which is true. I purchased the app from a relative's Apple account but I didn't tell Apple that. I didn't mention purchasing a single thing. They then asked if anyone had access to my info. I told them no.

Got refunded.

Following that, I called my bank to make sure the situation was handled. They told me to wait until the pending charge went through to get a replacement card sent out or else it may happen again and they'd have send ANOTHER card.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you should be able to get a refund. Just tell them you thought it was a free trial and instead they charged you a year subscription

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A similar thing happened to me. Bought something from the app store that was "free". When I checked my bank account I noticed a $9 transaction and another pending.

I looked online to figure out wtf was going on and saw I got conned. When I called Apple I told them there were fraudulent charges on my card. They asked about my Apple account, I told them I didn't have one which is true. I purchased the app from a relative's Apple account but I didn't tell Apple that. I didn't mention purchasing a single thing. They then asked if anyone had access to my info. I told them no.

Got refunded.

Following that, I called my bank to make sure the situation was handled. They told me to wait until the pending charge went through to get a replacement card sent out or else it may happen again and they'd have send ANOTHER card.

Yeah you should be able to get a refund. Just tell them you thought it was a free trial and instead they charged you a year subscription

Just call or tweet them to get your money back...customer service responds to tweets immediately(Doordash, postmates, Samsung, tmobile, etc)

I literally just woke up. Haven’t even brushed my teeth yet I’m still in bed & just called them.

Spoke with a chick from apple support for about 5 minutes & she give me my money back :wow:

Look at the reviews for these scam artist. I couldn’t even sleep regularly last night I was so mad. Wanted blow their office up
BetterMe is rated "Bad" with 2.5 / 10 on Trustpilot

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
For App Store purchases? My mom got my niece an iPad (she's 5)...bought some Barbie-esque game laced with micro transactions and she ran $200-300 in charges on there. Apple refunded it thankfully.

Bought a Series 3 Apple Watch a couple months, shattered it one week into ownership (on a super soft gym locker room floor, like 12 inch drop...get a silicone case for em brehs)...Apple was NOT refunding that shyt :martin:

.....Walmart was though :troll: