Have you ever seen an Anime that took place during college?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I honestly don’t think I have.

I know highschool is treated like college in Japan. It’s just wild I rarely see anything take place post middle school-highschool adolescence.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Sekeri is close but he’s not in college just taking the exam
Digimon last evolution but it’s a movie

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I honestly don’t think I have.

I know highschool is treated like college in Japan. It’s just wild I rarely see anything take place post middle school-highschool adolescence.

Death Note. School isn't a focus but Light is about to graduate HS in the beginning and they show him attending University in later scenes.

But if you're only watching shonen (which literally means "youth") most of them will be focused on kids/teens.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yes, there are many.

You can find them by exploring more niche genres that target older demographics, such as Josei.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Death Note. School isn't a focus but Light is about to graduate HS and they show him attending University in some scenes.

But if you're only watching shonen (which literally means "youth") most of them will be focused on kids/teens.

I watch a mix of stuff, I I guess some of the Masaaki yuasa stuff has more range of ages or stuff like Berserk-which in itself is very western inspired. But even a lot of the seinen stuff a lot of times is revolved around high schoolers, like GANTZ.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I watch a mix of stuff, I I guess some of the Masaaki yuasa stuff has more range of ages or stuff like Berserk-which in itself is very western inspired. But even a lot of the seinen stuff a lot of times is revolved around high schoolers, like GANTZ.

I'd like to blame the weirdo audience for that in JP and the US. I would like to play a Persona game set out of high school but that may never happen because there's a massive pushback from fans (mostly adults btw :sitdown: ) when it comes to that and the funny thing is that those games have kept an M rating since P3.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'd like to blame the weirdo audience for that in JP and the US. I would like to play a Persona game set out of high school but that may never happen because there's a massive pushback from fans (mostly adults btw :sitdown: ) when it comes to that and the funny thing is that those games have kept an M since P3.

Whats funny is persona makes waaaay more sense in college than it does in highschool.

noob_saibot

All Star
Daps
From what I've seen Grand blue and Tatami Galaxy.. Tokyo Ghoul too I guess, but it's not really a focus/important.