Hawks expected to sign John Collins to max deal 5 years $120M+

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I hate it but dumbass Hawk fans love it. I have a feeling we will be trading two 1st to get rid of him in 2025. Thank goodness Travis can draft his ass off.

The main question is…what is one scenario we can let JC walk this summer and expect to realistically get better. Literally no one has been able to give a response to that without juelzing.

Plain and simple, Collins walk this summer…we take a major step back in our process.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
exactly, we saw what we needed to see when Trae went out against MIL.

That was the perfect opportunity to prove he is max quality. Instead he was struggling to get position on the block against Jrue and Covington

Let him walk.

And replace him with who?

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
And replace him with who?
I’d rather do a sign and trade tbh and get some value back idc who. I’ll take hobbled Porzingas at this point. JC had 1 big game against Philly. He can’t create or take people off the dribble and he disappears for whole halves at times and his defense is extra regular due to being undersized.

Plus if ATL sign him to a max we won’t have the ability to keep Reddish/Hunter in the future

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I’d rather do a sign and trade tbh and get some value back idc who. I’ll take hobbled Porzingas at this point. JC had 1 big game against Philly. He can’t create or take people off the dribble and he disappears for whole halves at times and his defense is extra regular due to being undersized.

Plus if ATL sign him to a max we won’t have the ability to keep Reddish/Hunter in the future

Be careful what you wish for in Kristaps.

Also, by the time Cam/DeAndre is up for extensions, John will be 2 years into his contract. We’ve seen WAY worse contracts get moved so not sure why there is concern that his extension will impact theirs (and Cam hasn’t shown any consistency to be worth nothing near a max so far in his career).

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Be careful what you wish for in Kristaps.

Also, by the time Cam/DeAndre is up for extensions, John will be 2 years into his contract. We’ve seen WAY worse contracts get moved so not sure why there is concern that his extension will impact theirs (and Cam hasn’t shown any consistency to be worth nothing near a max so far in his career).

Just because you can move a contract doesn't mean that you can do so without having attach picks or sweetners into the deal in order to make it happen. Y'all hyped Cam and Hunter up all season and playoffs long so surely you won't have a problem paying them when it's time.

Also add Huerter to the mix as well as he's extension eligible in the offseason. That cap space will disappear with the quickness and you just can't pay everyone market value. It's no different than the situation other teams have found themselves in.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Just because you can move a contract doesn't mean that you can do so without having attach picks or sweetners into the deal in order to make it happen. Y'all hyped Cam and Hunter up all season and playoffs long so surely you won't have a problem paying them when it's time.

Also add Huerter to the mix as well as he's extension eligible in the offseason. That cap space will disappear with the quickness and you just can't pay everyone market value. It's no different than the situation other teams have found themselves in.

None of this is reason TO NOT resign John though. Sure hard choices will need to be made down the line and at that point we'll all have a much CLEARER idea on who stays and who goes.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
None of this is reason TO NOT resign John though. Sure hard choices will need to be made down the line and at that point we'll all have a much CLEARER idea on who stays and who goes.

That still doesn’t change anything about what I said especially considering the fact that Huerter himself is extension eligible as well…..

So there is no down the line to figure it out.