Official ‘True Detective: Night Country’ Thread | HBO

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You wasn't mad at the killer and misdirect
not at all, I had it already figured out down to the boy's father involvement with the girl before the reveal, so it wasnt that left field to me. I just knew, neither he nor his brother was the killer because he got the gun wrong during interrogation

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
That is Issa Lopez? She sounds like the substitute teacher didn't show up in your kindergarten class and someone just randomly asked one of the mothers who just pulled up to teach a class....

:gucci:
Get your show sniped by the granny from Encanto, plagiarizing crehs.

rS7151d.png

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I never even finished this trash, I was so disappointed that this season somehow had higher viewership than any of the other seasons. True detective is dead. Horrific writing.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It took me a while to catch the last 3 episode.

Ep 4 was boring and mediocre.

Ep 5. was probably the best of the season.

Ep 6. is one of the worst finales I've ever seen. Right up there with the nonsense we had to endure as GOT's last ep. Just hilariously bad writing and those poor actors couldn't save it. The Clark "confession" had me :laff: and the flasback with Lund becoming a psycho and stabbing Annie 32 times while the rest held her still, what in the name of fukk :dead:

@Nero Christ summed it up perfectly with shows like these waiting to solve everything in the finale and using all the other episodes as build up. It's one thing if you have 1 story/mystery you have to tackle, but with shows like this were you have like 4 different storylines plus you are trying to tackle complex themes (trauma, mourning, loss) in the weirdest way possible, it's never going work as a finale.

Sadly, the show missed in hitting even one of all the shyt they had to tackle in ep.6 :picard: I mean, not a single one was done well.

Rust's mother was the only character that worked throughout. That old lady just knows how to make that kind of part work. She's an amazing actress.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at how much we all loved season 1 and how much we despised season 4

I finished it yesterday. Haven’t gone through the whole thread but how much of the forum hates this season?