Healthcare if you retire young

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
Say you run into a large sum of money (millions) but you have family members (children, spouse, etc) that will continue to need healthcare. What’s the best way about getting good healthcare insurance when you don’t have to work anymore?

I have Heath/dental/vision insurance through my employer. That’s the only experience I have with it.

If I retire early, what’s a good way to get health/dental/vision insurance that’s worth a damn if you’re not working for somebody. Since I know there’s a lot of self-employed people here and I don’t have any experience with this I was hoping that some of my coli brehs can smarten me up.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah it’s hard to get information on how to do this.
Usually when I leave a job the insurance provider gives me an option to just pay out of pocket. Not sure every provider gives that option though.

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Get citizenship in a country that offers free healthcare to it's citizens.

Otherwise, you can pay out of pocket here but you will get reamed.

A public option would have been nice.

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
Get citizenship in a country that offers free healthcare to it's citizens.

Otherwise, you can pay out of pocket here but you will get reamed.

A public option would have been nice.
So are there are no other options? Unless there is no company to work for you can’t have good healthcare? This is pretty sad.

I was under the impression that there was options that other people utilize that are self-employed.

Last edited:

wenndigo

Rookie
Daps
So are there are no other options? Unless there is no company to work for you can’t have good healthcare? This is pretty sad.

I was under the impression that there was options that other people utilize that are self-employed.
This is why there's a healthcare crisis in the USA

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
I think you could probably do something where you set up a trust or some sort of thing and pay yourself through that and pay for the healthcare?

that may be too convoluted but for the person in question, if they are just living off of money it may be a little weird. If that person can structure their money like it was income then you can do other self-employment insurances.

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
I think you could probably do something where you set up a trust or some sort of thing and pay yourself through that and pay for the healthcare?

that may be too convoluted but for the person in question, if they are just living off of money it may be a little weird. If that person can structure their money like it was income then you can do other self-employment insurances.

Like living off dividends? Since that’s taxed like income tax and not capital gains?

:ohhh:

Jimmy from Linkedin

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Managing Director at Breh & Breh, Inc
Like living off dividends? Since that’s taxed like income tax and not capital gains?

:ohhh:
no, but it would enable you to sign up for self-employment insurances.

In reality you qualify for obamacare but its not going to be quality insurance. You need to structure your finances like income so you can get access to those self-employment insurers

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
no, but it would enable you to sign up for self-employment insurances.

In reality you qualify for obamacare but its not going to be quality insurance. You need to structure your finances like income so you can get access to those self-employment insurers
This is good information, thank you. How does one sign up for self-employment insurance?