Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts (per usual)

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
HP Enterprise said to Cut 5,000 Jobs

Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. is planning to cut about 10 percent of its staff, or at least 5,000 workers, according to people familiar with the matter, part of a broader effort to pare expenses as competition mounts.

The reductions are expected to start before the end of the year, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the matter is private. The cuts at the company, which has about 50,000 workers, are likely to affect workers in the U.S. and abroad, including managers, the people said. A Hewlett Packard Enterprise representative didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Chief Executive Officer Meg Whitman has been jettisoning divisions since 2015, including personal computers, printers, business services and key software units. The moves are all part of an effort to make HPE more responsive to a changing industry that’s under pressure from cloud providers such as Amazon.com Inc. and Alphabet Inc.’s Google.

On a call with analysts earlier this month, Whitman said the Palo Alto, California-based company is benefiting from growing demand across key areas of the business. At the same time, she said she’s pushing to cut “layers” in the organization and become more efficient.

“With fewer lines of business and clear strategic priorities, we have the opportunity to create an internal structure and operating model that is simpler, nimbler and faster,” she said.

On the same call, Chief Financial Officer Tim Stonesifer said the company is targeting $1.5 billion in savings over a three-year period.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Didn't even know that HP still existed.

Yes, it has been through a host of crooks and inept CEOs during the past decade from Carly Fiorina who was a complete fukk up to Mark Hurd who bought dinner and dates with fake expense reports - tricking on some employee who later cried harassment. Leo Apotheker, a German, was the most competent and the one who initially proposed that he company split into separate companies and he received backlash. In 2015, Meg Whitman went with the split HP (hardware) and HPE (services and consulting - mainly gov. contracting) where 40-50K jobs were cut. Two different CEO and brands. It sucks because when HP acquired EDS they cut pay and people didn't get raises for years to later be laid off.

The HP side has been pushing 3D printing for a few years and are now trying to get into the custom print insole game to compete with Nike and other shoe companies, including start-ups. I hope this will finally make their investors happy.