Hit-Boy Questions Why He Hasn't Done More Songs With Kendrick Lamar & Roddy Ricch

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
hit-boy-wonders-why-he-hasnt-done-more-with-k-dot-and-roddy-ricch-1200x675.png

"Hit-Boy hasn’t collaborated often with his fellow West Coast natives Kendrick Lamar and Roddy Ricch, and he can’t put a finger as to why it hasn’t happened.

During a conversation with Akademiks on his Off The Record podcast, the Grammy Award-winning producer questioned his relationship with the superstar rappers. Regarding Roddy, Hit-Boy couldn’t understand how their only song together proved successful with a Grammy win.

“The music shyt is weird,” Hit-Boy said regarding his work with Roddy Ricch. “The first beat I ever played n-ggas, the first song we ever did within 10 minutes of knowing each other, won a Grammy. How the fukk have we not locked in on more music. I don’t get it. Maybe it’s not for me to get.”

Hit-Boy explained the same night he met Roddy Ricch was when he played the beat for “Racks in the Middle,” which he also made that day. Roddy did a whole verse that’s not included in the final version with Nipsey Hussle, and Hit had plans to drop it.

According to the superstar producer, the single with just himself and Roddy was intended to kick off his career as a lead artist. However, a meeting with Nip changed the whole plan and ended with the song that won the 2020 Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance.

Hit-Boy continued to say it’s all love with Roddy and hopes the situation isn’t a result of people feeling they can’t approach him because of how much more popular he is now.

“At the end of the day, the first muthafukking beat I ever played for you in the history of life is ‘Racks in the Middle,’ my n-gga, like pull back up what the fukk,” Hit-Boy said.

As for Kendrick Lamar, the only song Hit-Boy produced that was featured on one of the Compton native’s albums was “Backseat Freestyle” on good kid, m.A.A.d city. He said he recently saw on social media that K Dot still performs the song on tour with Akademiks saying the record is still a fan favorite.

“I don’t be understanding how n-ggas don’t be having more songs, but it’s not up to me,” Hit-Boy said. “It’s like n-ggas around n-ggas, whatever the fukk it is.”

He added: “it’s all love and respect man. Kendrick know what the fukk he doing. If it’s meant for n-ggas to lock in it’s gonna happen but I do definitely one million fukking percent feel like it’s no way we ain’t gonna make some life-changing shyt if we really do tap in.”

One artist that continued to work with Hit-Boy is Nas, who has already dropped four albums with him. The latest came on November 11 with King’s Disease III."

Hit-Boy Wonders Why He Hasn't Done More With K Dot & Roddy Ricch[/QUOTE]

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He’s definitely got a point

With Kendrick, he’s had so much success with his own formula and way of doing things I hardly expect he’ll EVER feel the need to run to one producer just to chase a hit record. Kendrick works off feeling.

Roddy Rich could definitely use a shot in the arm. So he has no excuse.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Roddy could use the stimulus for sure, and I think it's likely to happen.

Kendrick is in his own la la land and probably not even interested in making more music right now anyway so I don't think it'll happen. Kendrick gonna be on his vagabond 3 stacks shyt probably