Hit 'Em Up Live, make the track even more harder

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Who was banning Hit Em Up? I saw it numerous times on the hip hop video show down here. I imagine it got played on the radio down here. There were a couple of hip hop radio shows here back then.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Who was banning Hit Em Up? I saw it numerous times on the hip hop video show down here. I imagine it got played on the radio down here. There were a couple of hip hop radio shows here back then.

BET and MTV didn't play it and many Clear Channel radio stations didn't play it. Arista blackballed it. That's a big reason why the "How Do U Want It" single sold so much even tho everybody had the album ("Hit Em Up" was the B-Side).

I only saw the video months after it dropped after my neighbor let me borrow a VHS copy of a Luke's Peep Show episode that aired Hit Em Up. Ironically, that episode also had Puffy hosting with guest Ray Lewis at the beach and gals doin things with whip cream & toys:lolbron:. I still remember that DJ Polo video "Freak of the Week" with Ron Jeremy in was also on there:russ:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
BET and MTV didn't play it and many Clear Channel radio stations didn't play it. Arista blackballed it. That's a big reason why the "How Do U Want It" single sold so much even tho everybody had the album ("Hit Em Up" was the B-Side).

I only saw the video months after it dropped after my neighbor let me borrow a VHS copy of a Luke's Peep Show episode that aired Hit Em Up. Ironically, that episode also had Puffy hosting with guest Ray Lewis at the beach and gals doin things with whip cream & toys:lolbron:. I still remember that DJ Polo video "Freak of the Week" with Ron Jeremy in was also on there:russ:

I actually bought the How Do U Want it CD single for that exact reason