Houston Rockets 2024 Thread - Cocaine Curry and AJ Griffin On Board

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I didn’t like the fact that KJ wasn’t in the starting lineup but Silas made a good decision. Bruno bringing a defensive mentality and some rebounding
Good hard, fought game KPJ did what he should do when JG and Bari having off nights he takes over.. he needs more Catch and shoot looks only had two the whole game and he made both. but Paolo would had be the best pick but Magic were smart enough to take him at 1.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good hard, fought game KPJ did what he should do when JG and Bari having off nights he takes over.. he needs more Catch and shoot looks only had two the whole game and he made both. but Paolo would had be the best pick but Magic were smart enough to take him at 1.
Silas needs to run more sets

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Hawks experience really showed up and Murray pretty much showed why he's considered one of the league's best perimeter defenders.

Out-experienced tonight really.
they kept getting it down to 3 then they would go on a run... well we need a Victor watch thread.. Jazz playing good and Thunder fighting hard rockets could very well get him.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
they kept getting it down to 3 then they would go on a run... well we need a Victor watch thread.. Jazz playing good and Thunder fighting hard rockets could very well get him.
Yeah Wemby or Baba Miller for sure.

I still think you'll win a lot of good games nonetheless. Got to hope the other teams do too.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotta shoot better from 3. They did all preseason.
This. We were the best team from 3 by a mile during preseason. Then we went completely cold last night. If we shoot even average from 3 this game might have a different Outcome.

First night though agaisnt a tough opponent. We competitive. We lost the way young teams lose.

Last edited:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
These are basically the types of games you want from these guys. The experience definitely won the game for the Hawks. Cutting down the turnovers they more than likely would’ve won. Didn’t like Jabari/Green taking all those threes though. They combined to go 4/18 and that’s some Harden/D’Antoni stuff. I’m over launching 3s recklessly when you’re in a good position during a game.

I understand starting Bruno ahead of Sengun as well do to the athleticism he has over Sengun. Also, seems like Bruno is just as much of a willing passer as Sengun.

Lastly, though KJ has improved his 3 point shot, he doesn’t need to launch them either since at one point last season he was shooting 70% at the rim. He’s an excellent finisher and needs to stick with that, especially if you want him in the regular rotation.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These are basically the types of games you want from these guys. The experience definitely won the game for the Hawks. Cutting down the turnovers they more than likely would’ve won. Didn’t like Jabari/Green taking all those threes though. They combined to go 4/18 and that’s some Harden/D’Antoni stuff. I’m over launching 3s recklessly when you’re in a good position during a game.

I understand starting Bruno ahead of Sengun as well do to the athleticism he has over Sengun. Also, seems like Bruno is just as much of a willing passer as Sengun.

Lastly, though KJ has improved his 3 point shot, he doesn’t need to launch them either since at one point last season he was shooting 70% at the rim. He’s an excellent finisher and needs to stick with that, especially if you want him in the regular rotation.
I don’t mind the threes as long as they’re quality shots. We can’t exploit matchups. It wa a couple of times Sengun had a mouse in the house(Even had Trey pinned down in the post) and we couldn’t get him the ball.

Jalen shot was off but he also was being defended well

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
Turnovers were big. Some were dumb like Sengun fancy passes. Keep it simple. They had some good looks from three just missed them. Lilked Jabari aggressiveness on offense too. Rather say whoa then sic them. The shots will fall

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Eric Gordon was taking nutrition notes from Harden. Sengun is not it He struggled against Capela and is 6"9.We need a real center

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
The thing that irks me with this team is when they have a teammate wide open at the three point line but still drive it into the paint with two or three defenders waiting.

That really bugs me and that needs to be hammered home in film sessions how many times this team misses open teammates.

Also KPJ is a baller but a true point guard is gonna be needed at some point. It's a reason why the turnovers are so high. That true PG can come off the bench and run the 2nd unit because last night EG was running point for the bench unit, I don't think that's gonna work.